Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increased Atarax. Feel better. Is that normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased Atarax. Feel better. Is that normal?

I got diagnosed with Shingles last week and put on Valtrex. But I ended up having a really bad reaction to the Valtrex. B/c I was already on Atarax for my IC, the doctor just upped my dose to 150 mg per day. My bladder feels better than it has in months.

What is the normal dose? And is it ok to up the dose when a flare comes on? I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience.
    Lauraheather

atarax

I don't know what a normal dose is, but I started out at 25mg a few years ago and when it helped me my doctor increased it to 100mg over a period of time. So I take 100mg at night and 25mg in the morning. If I run out and have to go even a few days without atarax my symptoms go WAY UP!! I couldn't live without it anymore. I take it in the pill form but I just learned the other day that it also comes in liquid form too.
    Lee Ann
    Current Rx Meds:
    Atarax, Ditropan, Elmiron
    Prior to pregnancy: The above 3 meds PLUS Neurontin, Topamax, Loratadine, continuous OrthoCyclen, Lidocaine Patches PRN, Temazepam PRN, & Vicodin PRN
    Hooray for babies!
    Misc. lifesavers: Hot baths, ThermaCare Heat Wraps, Ice Packs. The IC Diet has changed my life.
    Didn't work for me:
    Detrol LA, Amitryptiline, Morphine, Percocet, TENS unit, Interferential Pain Stimulator Unit, Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block
    IC (Mod-Severe) since 1996

UPDATE: 5/21/08 Pregnancy and breastfeeding afterwards have alleviated my IC symptoms more than anything, EVER. Most days are 100% pain free & I now have normal frequency (as long as I take these 3 meds).

My little sweetie! Jack weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was born via c-section on Feb. 28, 2008...

Comment

Working...
    X