X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babykahuna1
    replied
    allergy meds

I just heard about allergy meds helping ic. Does it really help your ic? If it does help can you eat things thats on the list to not eat. Just woundering.

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Shelby, my allergies are horrible and I've always been on allergy meds. They put me on Atarax and my allergies have improved drastically and it has helped my IC in terms of letting me sleep through the night.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Antihistamines such as hydroxyzine (Atarax, Vistaril) interfere with the mast cells' release of histamine, helping to relieve bladder inflammation and pain, urinary frequency, and nighttime voiding. Because antihistamines can cause drowsiness, they are usually best taken at bedtime.
    Hope this helps.
    Ronda

Leave a comment:

• shelbyriva
    started a topic Antihistamines??

Antihistamines??

Hi everyone,
    Could someone tell me why allergy medication works for people with IC? Antihistamine is an allergy medication is it not?? Thanks folks. I have IC and have always taken an allergy pill daily for actual allergies and just keep reading about people taking them for IC so wondering why and if I have been helping myself all these years without knowing it!
    Shelby.
Working...
X