X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OrlandoP
    replied
    Originally posted by HillaryD View Post
    I have been taking 2 25mg Hydroxyzine (generic Atarax) for 4 years now & it really helps me. I haven't noticed any more retention problems than I already had. Almost everyone I know with IC has great results with Hydroxyzine. I currently don't have insurance, so haven't had my Hydroxyzine in 2 weeks and I can really tell the difference. The DR I work for gave me some samples of Zyrtec to try, but he said it wouldn't help with the sleeping. I took one tonight so I am hoping it will help & I won't have to fill my Hydroxyzine. Good luck to you!
    Hi Hillary,

How long did it take to kick in, and did you start at 25 mgs? I tried 20 and thought the devil had come for me in the middle of the night--kind of wacky. 10 doesn't do much for me. I understand it has a learning curve, so I'm curious how long I should stick it out to see if it's worthwhile for me.

Leave a comment:

• wolfaleena
    replied
    atarax

thanks for the reply on the atarax. when do you take the atarax. right before bed or do you break it up during the day? do you take anything else in combination with it for sleep. thanks for your help.
    I am currently trying klonopin and i also take oxycondone liquid for pain before i go to bed.
    when you take the atarax do you sleep the whole night or do u still wake up?
    thanks.
    some folks say that they take a combination of drugs for sleep. i have tried so many different drugs over the years and so many different therapies. i am exhausted from sleep deprivation almost all of the time.

Leave a comment:

• HillaryD
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfaleena View Post
    i am considering taking Atarax for sleep.. does anyone know if it causes retention problems thanks. i have a terrible tendency toward retention and i wanted to get any feedback
    I have been taking 2 25mg Hydroxyzine (generic Atarax) for 4 years now & it really helps me. I haven't noticed any more retention problems than I already had. Almost everyone I know with IC has great results with Hydroxyzine. I currently don't have insurance, so haven't had my Hydroxyzine in 2 weeks and I can really tell the difference. The DR I work for gave me some samples of Zyrtec to try, but he said it wouldn't help with the sleeping. I took one tonight so I am hoping it will help & I won't have to fill my Hydroxyzine. Good luck to you!

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    I take 50mg Hydroxyzine (atarax), 5mg Ambien and 5mg methadone every night . If I take just the Ambien I'll be up to potty 4-5 times a night and waking up in pain. The trio about 2-3 times and I usually will go right back to sleep--no 3am pain.

Leave a comment:

• wolfaleena
    replied
    atarax

i am considering taking Atarax for sleep.. does anyone know if it causes retention problems thanks. i have a terrible tendency toward retention and i wanted to get any feedback

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I was taking Ambien CR 12.5mg (controlled release) and 75mg Atarax at the same time. I was having horrible insomnia even though I was taking relatively high doses of both meds...I had to stop the Atarax and switch to Benadryl and my sleep issues are better...not gone, but better. I STILL wind up downstairs reading at 3 am a couple times a week. Out of all the RX sleeping pills out there, the Ambien CR has worked the best for me, with the least side effects.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    started a topic Atarax and Sleeping pills

Atarax and Sleeping pills

Could those of you taking both of the above together please share the dose of each drug? I stumbled on the combo by accident one night and found it worked well for me, but wondered how many others take the two together?
    Neither Konopin 5 mg or Ambien 5mg by themselves helped me stay asleep, but when I took some Atarax one night, things worked fine?
Working...
X