X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 425runner
    replied
    Hi Jill,

No, I don't have seasonal allergies but I'm allergic to a lot of foods, and most medicines give me allergic reaction. Given that my bladdder started acting up while taking Adderall (ADD meds) I attribute this to an allergic reaction as well

Leave a comment:

• jvr
    replied
    Hi,

Do either of you have seasonal allergies? My daughter is on Atarax and I find that it helps her quite a bit. She's never had seasonal allergies though. I find it interesting...I get the whole mast cells in the bladder. You often hear though that antihistamines help patients with seasonal allergies most. This has not been my daughter's experience, so I was curious to ask if anyone had a similiar experience:-)

Jill:-)

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Thanks, I don't know where all the years have gone....I was young when I got married. Luckily I still really like my hubby so that is definitely saying something. Maybe because we were friends before we ever dated was a good thing.

Anyways, I asked my UG about it and he said in theory it should work the same as atarax with less side effects because they are both histamine blockers.

Leave a comment:

• 425runner
    replied
    Wow, congrats on your 27th year marriage anniversary! That's really something Anyway, that's amazing that you were able to drink wine and not be in pain. I'd sent me through the roof screaming in pain ha, ha.

I do really think that the Claritin is working because last week was the first one in many that I didn't need any Vicodin. The pain is lessening...and I sleep better.

Hope you get rid of that allergic rash soon! I know how pesky they can be.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    So I took a claritin last night because I'm currently having an allergic reaction to either the elmiron/vesicare or nortriptyline. Not sure which and will have to try each one separately once the rash is gone.

BUT back to my main point. I took a claritin and I went out to dinner for my 27th wedding anniversary and drank a couple glasses of chardonnay and my bladder was quiet all night long. I even had this really decadent peanut butter/chocolate cookie heated up with vanilla ice cream, it was divine and nothing bothered my bladder.

I don't normally take claritin because I don't have allergies but have to wonder about the improvement in symptoms. I will keep taking it cuz I have to get rid of this allergic rash.

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Thanks for the information! Perhaps I will give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• 425runner
    started a topic Claritin

Claritin

Ever since I started taking 10mg Claritin at night my symptoms have improved. One of the theories behind the cause of IC is that our bodies produce excess histamine. Anyway...it's OTC and seems to help
Working...
X