Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tink22
    replied
    Claritin does work, however can't take it all the time, it's to drying to the sinuses and I had a bloody nose yesterday, as well as just didn't feel right... kinda headachey and stuff...

But at least I know I can take it once in a while for pain relief and frequency etc.

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Pretty tickled.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Thats great news!

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Good news, the Claritin is really helping, I've been taking it for two days now at bedtime and my pain during the day has significantly gone down. Thank you for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    I will, I just bought some, so will take it tonight and see what happens for tomorrow.

I know, it's really is an unsettling feeling, I just don't like it lol.

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    I have year round allergies to pollen and such.Benadryl helps me.Claritin helped me pre-IC.Glad to hear youve found something to provide some relief.Congrats on your wedding anniversary Cindi,hope you enjoyed your wine

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Yeah it's pretty unsettling!

I sure will, hopefully with good news!

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Good idea! Post if it helps, always nice to hear positive results!

Smart to stop the med with all those nasty side effects. Alot of meds give me heart palpitations also, its an awful feeling to lie in bed and hear your heart beating when you're under no exertion.

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Hello,

Side effects have been kind of scary.... heart palpitations, elevated heart rate, body tremors, dizziness and a few others. :/

I had thought about switching to another Tricyclic however am a bit concerned that it may have the same effect.

I think I'll try the Claritin first before trying another antidepressant.

I sure hope it helps lol.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    HI Shamay
    I don't know what adverse reactions you are having to the tri-cyclic, doxepin but there are other newer tri-cyclics with less side effects like pamelor (nortriptyline) and others you could try switching to.
    Hope the claritin helps. I do think it helps some and might alot more with you since you have "real" allergies.

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    I do have allergies, both to pollen, molds, mildews and food i.e. yeast and dairy. I am also one who is very sensitive to medications and find it difficult to find one that I don't have some type of adverse reations to.

I'm not sure if antihistamines help with my IC, however I am certainly going to go out and pick up some Claritin tomorrow and give it a try.

I have developed adverse side effects after 11 years to the Elavil (Doxepin) I have been taking for my IC. So I am having to taper off of it. I am noticing that my IC sypmtoms are getting worse today, so I would definatly like to try the Claritin.

I'm so glad you posted about it, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I'm a little down over the whole thing

Originally posted by KatieB View Post
    Again, Congrats to to you and that likable hubby of yours!!!

I'm so glad your getting some relief with the claritin and I hope the allergic reaction is getting better!!!
    Thanks! Good advice for your daughter I totally agree. Its like how will you feel when the infatuation wears off?

The whole allergic thing has me feeling DOWN. The hives are looking better today, not good enough to try the elmiron yet. Maybe tomorrow. Whats got me down is I think the elmiron was working! I've been off of it a few days and am feeling the old pressure again today, that might be partly why the wine didn't bother me. Its gonna really upset me if that is the culprit! I'm hoping its the nori cuz there are other options, same for oab med. Waiting to hear from my doc if he has seen this happen with anyone else. He's pretty good about email.

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Originally posted by cmclien View Post
    Thanks, I don't know where all the years have gone....I was young when I got married. Luckily I still really like my hubby so that is definitely saying something. Maybe because we were friends before we ever dated was a good thing.

Anyways, I asked my UG about it and he said in theory it should work the same as atarax with less side effects because they are both histamine blockers.
    Congratulations Cyndi!!! And wow 27 years PLUS 2 glasses of wine PLUS a hubby you still like (lol)!!! You have hit the jackpot (aside from the stupid IC, of course). As have I, coming up on 22 years and not only do i still like him, luckily HE stills likes ME!!! And YES we were really good friends before we got married and we still are! That's what I keep telling my 20 yr old daughter. You have to really like him as a friend first, then see what happens!!

Again, Congrats to to you and that likable hubby of yours!!!

I'm so glad your getting some relief with the claritin and I hope the allergic reaction is getting better!!!

Leave a comment:

• jvr
    replied
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the responses:-) You learn something new everyday with this darn disorder...lol

Jill:-)

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Me neither

Originally posted by jvr View Post
    Hi,
    Do either of you have seasonal allergies? My daughter is on Atarax and I find that it helps her quite a bit. She's never had seasonal allergies though. I find it interesting...I get the whole mast cells in the bladder. You often hear though that antihistamines help patients with seasonal allergies most. This has not been my daughter's experience, so I was curious to ask if anyone had a similiar experience:-) Jill:-)
    I don't have seasonal allergies either. I put off even trying an antihistamine because I thought whats the point? I do have non-allergic rhinitis which is all the symptoms of allergies but no histamine reaction. I went to an allergist and he said my sinuses were all swollen and he tested me for everything and not one thing was positive. So thats interesting about your daughter too and I was pleasantly surprised when I tried them this weekend.

I also react very badly to medicines and often develop allergies to them (I'm sure you saw my prior post). I do not think I have any food allergies at all either. Was tested for celiac just in case but everything was fine. I've been known to react to the sun with hives here and there but not consistently.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X