Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizzy1010
    replied
    Has anyone taken Xolair? Its supposed to be stronger than Zyrtec or singulair and only comes in a shot. I take Singulair now and it has helped me the most and my dermatologist of all people suggested the Xolair but my uro-gyne doesn't know anything about it and is resistant. I'm trying to at least talk him into testing my IGE levels to see if I need it. Has anyone heard of it helping or tried it?

Leave a comment:

• Tina2
    replied
    we cant get atarax in Australia but can get zertec are you saying we need to take a higher dose of zertec to get the same benifit atarax gives ? I have just started on Zertec desperate to get the frequency under some sort of control.

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    Atarax is only available with an RX. Zyrtec is the closest OTC med to atarax, once the atarax processes through our liver it becomes the same as zyrtec. Before I was given the rx I took Zyrtec. You might need to get a prescription though to get a higher dose. It is worth it to try.

Sandra

Leave a comment:

• Jocotter
    replied
    Is Atarax only available by RX? I currently take a benedryl every night, but I've been having a horrible time with flares recently and I'm looking for anything to help. I take Elmiron, Detrol, Elavil and Aloe Vera daily, in addition to the benedryl.

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    Before I was given hydroxyzine I did some research and found the zyrtec and hydroxyzine are very similar. I haven't taken claritin for IC so I don't know about that one. Many ICer's do have to increase the amount of their antihistamine during allergy season.

Sandra

PS Have you tried using Biotine products for dry mouth. I think they help me, they replace enzymes that you need in your mouth and don't have with lack of saliva.

Leave a comment:

• Turtlecat
    started a topic Atarax, Claritin, Zyrtec

Atarax, Claritin, Zyrtec

I was taking generic Atarax along with an OAB med. I stopped taking Atarax a few weeks ago because my PCP suggested taking an OTC antihistamine to see if that would help my three-week chronic cough (I chose generic 24-hr Zyrtec). Didn't think I could take both, so I dropped the Atarax (didn't think to ask him about that while I was in the office) plus, you know, guess I was dumb enough to think since I'm doing so well IC-wise, I could come off one of the meds.

Yesterday the frequency started back again. Not as bad and no burning, but still definitely there.

I now realize that it's okay to take the Atarax and Zyrtec at the same time, but I keep reading where folks are having some success with Claritin. Is anyone having improvement using OTC Zyrtec?

The main thing I'm concerned about is I'm already having dry mouth problems to the point of increased cavities and doing two antihistamines is sure to make my mouth a desert. (And I STILL have the cough so we're adding a steroid nose spray! I do have seasonal allergies, but am not on shots or anything.)

Thanks, all!
Working...
X