Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    I also take 25 mg of Atarax at bedtime. I have only been on it one week but I think its really helping. I do find that it makes a little tired in the AM though, but for right now thats ok because I dont have a job and enjoy sleeping in Last night I was up once to pee at about 4 am and slept the whole way until 10:30 am! I think that feeling will ware off though, I have noticed it lessening.

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• ReneeWest
    replied
    my hubby reacts opposite to many meds. lucky dog lost weight when he took steroids last year!

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    For some of us meds just don't react the same as others, I often get the opposite effect than other people.
    My Dr gets this his spouse is the same, so at least he believes me.

MG

Leave a comment:

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    I don't know why the Atarax doesn't affect me that way, i.e., making me real sleepy. With all the meds I take at bedtime that could cause drowsiness, I shouldn't wake up at all until morning.

Leave a comment:

• ReneeWest
    replied
    I just started 25 mg at bedtime. It knocked me on my butt! My hubby laughed at me because when I would get up to pee I was running into the walls and having trouble walking. He said I was mumbling things he couldn't understand. While this was funny, I had to call the Dr and get his advice. He told me not to take it with any other meds and to cut it in half for a few days till I get used to it.
    Even though it made me super drowsy, it's great to sleep, and to get right back to sleep after I get up to pee.

Leave a comment:

• Lil Misfit
    replied
    I take 25mg at 9:00pm and sleep for the majority of the night without getting up to pee. I am sometimes a little groggy in the morning, but I've only been on it for a week so I'm guessing that will pass with time.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I would talk to my Dr about starting at a lower dose and build up. this will allow your body to adjust to med and the sleepiness, and you will be able to see how much you need to take to help your bladder.

MG

Leave a comment:

• theclownster
    replied
    Hello! I've always taken 25mg of Atarax at bedtime - well it can be a few hours before bed based on the drowsiness side effect. I will say in the beginning, I would always wake up so drowsy/tired and it was hard to function, yet over time that side effect has mostly subsided. Based on that, I just make sure I take it before bed - some days it's a little earlier than others. I'm thinking that when I first started taking it I just tried to take it a few hours before I was planning to go to bed.

Hope you find the regimen that works best for you!

Best wishes,
    Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    I only take 10 mg, but I'm very sensitive to side effects, especially drowsiness. Only you and your doctor can determine how much will work for you. You can always adjust.

Leave a comment:

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    That is the typical dose when Atarax is prescribed for allergies. My URO wrote my script for that dose, but I only take 50 mgs. at bedtime.

Leave a comment:

• eyeliner128
    replied
    Could I ask everyone's dosage, please?

My doctor put me on 50 mg 3x a day, it seems high to me - I'm 18, very thin (around 105 lbs).

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    I take mine at about 7:15 each night. Any later, and it makes it nearly impossible for me to function at 5:30 the next morning when I need to get up for work.

Leave a comment:

• meResque
    replied
    I take mine at 7am, sorry! Atarax definitely cuts down on my flares due to allergies... I had to double my dose when allergy season hit, but then things went back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    I take mine at 9:00 in the evening.

Leave a comment:

• rubymermaid
    started a topic Tips/Information on Atarax

Tips/Information on Atarax

How early in the evening before bed do you take it? I was pretty sleepy this morning. I slept at least 7 hours and took it at least 8 hours before I had to wake up.

Is this drug a possible treatment on it's own?

My symptoms are mainly pressure/awareness.
Working...
X