Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone try other Antihistamines? Claritin, Allegra, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try other Antihistamines? Claritin, Allegra, etc?

Hi Everyone

I have been in a flare for months. I'm food sensitive, but I've been following my strict diet. One thing that I have not yet tried or really looked into is taking antihistamines. My seasonal allergies have been pretty bad and I am wondering if this could be the cause of my flare. Does anyone take over the counter antihistamines? I went ahead and popped a generic Zyrtec this morning to see if that helps. I'm wondering how helpful it will be though since there are so many fillers like food coloring and things that can irritate our bladders.

Do you take antihitamines, and if so what brand? Did it help or hurt?

Thank you everyone! Wishing you all a better day then the last
    Symptoms began at age 19.
    Diagnosed at age 27.

My symptoms include pressure, frequency, painful urgency, burning, and low back pain.

I also have IBS, Candida, and Adrenal Fatigue.

I am very diet sensitive. I've known about my IC for over two years now and I'm still trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat.

Having IC can be devastating. It has given me depression, hopelessness, and anxiety that can make every day tasks daunting. My supportive husband, prayer, and my faith in God keep me going each day

I take dye free Benadryl. Claritin and Zyrtec were too stimulating for me. Benadryl is sedating for me so I take it in the evening and it does seem to help. I've also added Hyaluronic acid and Quercitin, which are two ingredients in Cystoprotek and I feel the Quercitin may be helping me even more than the Benadryl. Trial and error with all these supplements though.

Comment

Working...
    X