Urelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urelle

I filled my prescription for Urelle yesterday. It's a 90-day supply of taking 4 per day, so it's 360 pills. We are working on our new deductible, but our insurance still has agreements with pharmacies so that they can't charge the full amount. So the reduced amount was $985.08. I'm well on my way to meeting the deductible.

WOW that is crazy.. I am about to have to get mine filled as well. Do you find that it takes forever for the Urelle to get in your system? I am on my 3 dose since yesterday and I am still going to the bathroom very often..like 20 times a day still. I have been in a flare for about 3 weeks because I ate a piece of chicken that I thought was ok. My gosh seriously this sucks. just needing to vent is all.. Sorry!

Comment

Tracie,
      When I take urelle it seems to take forever for my urine to turn blue, not sure why it takes it so long to get into our bladders. Azo can get there in 20minutes! But the urelle always worked better for me.

Cathy,
      In the beginning of my IC they were giving me all kind of different meds, urelle, oxybutin and many more. I was so sick I never thought to say give me a partial perscription in case it doesn't work, so I was paying these huge bills for all of them. I remember those things aren't cheap at all. It must be whatever that one ingredient is that they sometimes have problems getting. Can't remember which one, but I am sure you remember a few years ago they discontinued some of them and then they came back on the market. For those of you that it helps, I am really glad it is back.

Sandra
      Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
      http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
      Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
      http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

I've been taking Urelle at this dose for over a year now. Urelle alone will not control my IC symptoms. I also take Enablex 15 mgs.; Tofranil 50 mgs. at bedtime, 25 mgs. each morning; Atarax 50 mgs. at bedtime; Estrace Cream 2 mgs. 3 nights per week.

Comment

Hi, Tuckersmom ~ That is just terrible what we have to pay for Urelle.
          I tried it in June 2010 (paid $215 for 30 days) but it caused me to have painful retention. I now have about a 28 day supply sitting in my cupboard for what I absolutely don't know. I love the idea of asking for a smaller amount until we find out if we can handle the med....I never thought of that....thanks, Sailawaygrl!!!!

Sure hope the Urelle works for you and you're feeling better soon.
          Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
          8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
          8/2010 Surg gallbladder
          TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
          IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
          Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
          Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
          Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
          *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
          Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
          PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

Ginger,
            It is a good idea, my Mom suggested I try that. Also the pharmacist told me once when I was taking imitrex for migraines and they costs 25 dollare a piece that I could just buy one if that was all I could afford at the time. Otherwise I had to have 200 dollars to buy the whole perscription! I did learn one thing though, sometimes your copay is the same for all of them as it is for some, so in that case you might as well take the whole perscription.

I am like you I have a lot of meds around here doing me no good at all. I need to gather them up and take them to the pharmacy for disposal.

Sandra
            Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
            http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
            Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
            http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Working...
            X