Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosed DS Question

Hi Everyone,

I've been taking Utira C for about three years with great results. It made life bearable and allowed me to live as normally as someone with this disease can. I recently went for checkup with uro and was told there is no more utira c, so he prescribed Prosed DS, which is supposed to be the same. I took one last night for burning and ended up using a heating pad for the first time in more than a year. I had frequency all night after just one pill and my bladder just felt irritated. It didn't burn though. The only ingredient in Prosed and not in Utira c is benzoic acid. This doesn't seem like it would make a lot of difference but something sure has. Have any of you experienced this? Not having something that works well sucks! Sorry, but why do these pharmaceutical companies do this? Every time we find something that works, they change it or take it away without warning. Does anybody have any suggestions? Do you know of anything that contains the same ingredients as Utira C or does my body just have to get use to this new drug?

I have taken just about every pee blue pill that's ever been on the market over the years, except for Prosed DS. Every time I make a switch, it's because they quit manufacturing the one I was previously on. For the last couple of years I've been taking Urelle 3 to 4 times a day. It really seems to help. Hope you find some relief soon.

Comment

I've had great success with uribel. It just came out on the market this august. I found it works better for me than prosed.

Comment

Tuckersmom: I have also been taking urelle every sinegle day for about 1 month (except 11 days where I was symptoms free when my preiod started) and I am wondering if you every feels as if ever feeld depressed because you know that you will not have a normal life becuase of taking a blue pill every single day or else you will have pain? I am really depressed but I feel as if I don't take urelle everyday I start to hurt and feel like I can never get off of this pill...UGH needing to vent!!! I hate IC.. I was in remission for 5 years and now this after a child......but wouldnt change it for nothing... Love my kids so dearly!!!

Comment

I had to let go of the depression concerning IC and having to take meds every day. I have accepted it as something I just have to deal with.

I used to not have to take the pee blue pills every day, up until a couple of years ago. Wound up with a very bad flare due to a UTI, so I had to take an antibiotic and Urelle. Once the infection cleared, I was not able to get off of Urelle as I would get too much burning in my urethra.

I use pantiliners during the day, but not at night, so that my bottom gets a chance to breathe. Yes, all of my white cotton panties have blue stains, but that is a small price to pay for the relief the Urelle provides.

I don't know how much longer I will be able to afford all the meds. I am 54 and my husband is 60. If there comes a time when I can no longer afford the meds, I will have to do without them. I try not to dwell on that, and just take it one day at a time.

Comment

Urelle

Tuckersmom (or anyone else who takes urelle),

Does the Urelle start working immediately or does it take a few days to notice relief in symptoms?
            Last edited by healingthoughts; 03-03-2011, 07:58 AM.

Comment

It takes about a day and a half to get in my system. That is the only thing I don't like about it. But you also have to take it around the same time. That is just me though

Comment

what ingredient of Prosed is working?

I've posted this before - that OTC Cystex is a subset of Prosed - prosed has the antispasm hyoscamine and the blue that Cystex doesn't have and I've tried Cystex since u can buy it in the drug store.. but it didn't work. SO

What part of prosed or these blue pills do you think is helping IC. MAybe it is just the anti-spasm part or the blue? The less ingredients we take the better.
                I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

Does Urelle help with bladder spasms? I do not find that Pyridium 200mg helps very well anymore when I do get them. I was just wondering. I am bringing it up to my doctor tomorrow.

Erin
                  24 year old Ph.D student in Organic Chemistry

Loves to listen to music, play with my animals (cat, fish, 2 hamsters), and live life to the fullest each and every day.

My blog (just started):

http://imaginenoworries.blogspot.com/

Medications:
                  Elavil 25mg (helped with nighttime urination-used to be 7 or more times a night, now just once)
                  Cymbalta 60mg
                  Gabapentin (Neurontin) (3200mg/day)
                  Zyrtec 10mg
                  Xanax 0.5mg up to 3 times a day(spasms, anxiety)
                  Uribel
                  Macrobid 100mg (only on days when doing an instill)
                  Albuterol
                  Yaz Birth Control (3 months on birth control, then period)
                  Pelvic floor therapy
                  Valium 5 mg (inserted vaginally)
                  MScontin 30 mg (3 times a day)
                  Percocet 10/325mg (every 6 hours)
                  TENS Therapy, CVS machine, 30 minutes once or twice a day
                  Sanctura XR 60 mg (to help control severe bladder spasms that are causing urinary retention episodes and enable normal bladder sensations)

*** 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda in an 8 ounce glass of water up to 4 times a day*****

Instill:

Currently doing hyaluronic acid instillations (cystistat-6 instillations, once a week, already had 4...not sure if helping)

Used to do these:

Solu-Cortef (act-o-vial) 100 mg: 2 mL
                  Marcaine (bupivicaine) 0.5 % 25 mL
                  20,000 units Heparin
                  3 mL sodium bicarbonate

Diagnoses: Moderate IC, scoliosis, asthma, ovarian cysts, PFD, IBS, Fibromyalgia, vulvodynia, Fowler's syndrome (mild) 'Central Sensitivity Syndrome.'

Comment

Yes I believe that urelle helps with the spasms. It helps with spasms, burning, and pain. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X