Pyridium Plus/ then what?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy/////1

Just to let everyone know, by calling a "Small" town Pharmacy I was able to locate the Pyridium, at least enough to last me through the month. They are going to try to hold on to the last 66 pills for me if they can.
    I know they aren't supposed to do that, but being a small town I think I will be OK for a while.

I am thankful for my Blessings and hope I will make it through the Holidays with minimal pain.

If anyone is going through the same thing as me; try contacting some of the small town Pharmacies in your county and see what they might have in their stock. I took a gamble and got lucky. It's worth a try.

Happy Holiday's and a Pain Free New Year to EVERYONE! (even though it's a little early).

God Bless,

NanetteS

Comment

Let's fight back

Nanette and others.

Why don't we get together and reach out to our representatives? There are many women with ic, and there is strength in numbers.

I don't know what I'll do when my supply runs out!?!

Comment

Pyridium Plus.......

rrmad,

I agree with you, there are strength in numbers, but I have been informed by multiple Pharmacists this is an "Imported Medication" and the US is being "Boycotted" by Pharmaceutical companies all over the world.
        With NO explanation as to WHY..... I fear even IF we were to make requests in numbers, it would NOT make a difference.
        My husband and I are both on medications which have been changed from Manufacturers due to financial reasons between the Pharmacies and our Insurance Co. They will NOT come to an agreement on which medications to carry. ALL of these medications are considered Generic yet the cost to our Insurance is OVER $150.00 left for the Pharmacies to absorb or for us out of our pockets. Not just that; the Larger Named Pharmacy.."W" is unwilling to EAT the monies these Pharmaceutical Companies are charging and our Insurance Company is left to either absorb the money or DROP the Pharmacy. With my husband, there is "ONLY" 1 Brand of medication that works for him and that brand is one the Pharmacies are unwilling to cover, not only that, our Insurance Co. is unwilling to cover the brand that works for him. The same for me with one of my medications. The company that manufactures the only "1" that works and does not give me headaches is NOW being pulled from our list of medications our Insurance will cover, even though, it is still a "Generic".
        I HONESTLY KNOW our Country is in a BAD financial situation. I Pray which Pharmaceutical Companies and the Workers Companies choose to use and what works for the patients will WORK for those in need.
        This leaves the US with an extreme problem.

I pray and wish everyone who is learning or finding this information to be a realism, for you and yours who are in need of and are able to find a "Loop Hole" and receive the medications you are in need of and can afford.

My wish for all, Blessings and Good Health for a positive New Year.

Comment

I don't think there's any need for worry. Pyridium Plus is a combination of three ingredients:

Pyridium
          Hyoscyamine (antispasmodic)
          Butabarbital (sedative)

Pyridium doesn't work for many of us, and for some of us it makes symptoms worse. Both Hyoscyamine and Butabarbital are prescribed separately, so I don't see why a doctor couldn't write two prescriptions at once and a patient could also take pyridium, which is available OTC, if she wanted to.

I don't see either of the second two drugs not being available in our lifetimes, as they are prescribed for many things.

FYI, pharmacies will carry any drug that will make money for them. If no one is requesting Pyridium Plus (and apparently there isn't much demand) then they will choose not to carry it. It's purely economics. No amount of letter-writing or getting elected representatives involved is going to make the least difference in that, nor should it, because that's not how things work.

The good news is that we can get the other two drugs prescribed for us, and I'm pretty sure they're available as generics. That's probably the best way to get the medicines we need without smashing our heads against brick walls.
          www.sprocketsinside.blogspot.com

Comment

For the first time ever, I've been diagnosed with a UTI. Of course I didn't find out fir 10 days. They gave me bactrum and Urelle. Well one of these drug makes me feel worse! And the Urelle was expensive dang it! I don't usually had adverse effects fri
            Drugs but, one would think it is the Urelle that would make it worse right? And not the antibiotics? Btw, this UTI feels EXACTLY the same as a flare. I've had my urine checked hundreds of time and I was shocked to get a UTI diagnosis. I just wish SOMETHING would give me releif!
            symptoms when in a flare:

I feel everything in my urethra but I know its really my bladder. Pressure, stinging, urgency,tingling feeling thats hard to describe.
            *I have a fibroid on my uterus near my bladder.

Medication
            100mg Amitripyline ( I have seriously gained almost 50lbs on this drug but I feel it works)
            Flexoril 10mg (doesn't work)
            Hydrocodone 5/325 PRN
            Cetalopram 40mg *severe anxiety over flare

Physical therapy hasnt really helped but I love her! I've learned so much! She states that my muscles around
            My urethra are very tight.

currently seeing a Gyn in my town and a Uro in Seattle (4 hrs away)

I have had lots of long term remissions. Currently been struggling with good & bad days since Jan 2012

find me on Facebook! Brandy Schildknecht Covington

Comment

Working...
            X