• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Tuckersmom
    ICN Member

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    I have been taking Urelle with great success for about 2 years now. Over a 23 year span of IC, I have had to change prescriptions for these pee blue/pee orange medications several times because they get discontinued from time to time. I only ever felt like one of them wasn't as effective as the others. Most of them are very similar and some are identical.

I wouldn't write off this new pill until I'd tried it, but I'd also call my Uro's office to see if they could be of assistance.

Leave a comment:

• NanetteS
    ICN Member

• NanetteS
    replied
    Pyridium Plus.......

The last POST is EXACTLY.............what I have taken for over 15 yrs.

After speaking with MY Urologist's office and several Pharmacists today......I have found that Pyridium Plus........indeed is NOT manufactured anymore.
    I was able to find "1" Pharmacy with 30 Pills....................10 days worth.
    I was informed by the Pharmacist and my Urologists office I MAY need to have this medication Compounded.............
    I doubt my Insurance will PAY for this...................
    I feel STUCK.............and I know I will be lost without this medication...
    I wish I had someone else to speak to about this issue.....possibly someone else who has taken this medication as long as I have .

NanetteS

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Pyridium plus is a combination: butabarbital and hyoscyamine in addition to the pyridium. You may need to take two or three pills instead of one to get the same result. I suggest you contact your urologist.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    ICN Member

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    Pyridium® (phenazopyridine hydrochloride) is chemically designated 2,6-Pyridinediamine, 3-(phenylazo), monohydrochloride. It is a urinary tract analgesic agent for oral administration. Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride tablets contain 100 mg or 200 mg Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride. Also contains lactose hydrous, sodium starch glycolate, corn starch, hydrogenated vegetable oil, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, sugar, gelatin, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, titanium dioxide, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, povidone, sodium benzoate, carnauba wax and white wax.

This is from a website on medications. From what I see, it is the same thing. I am not sure what made the pyridium plus different. What part was the plus, do you know. Perhaps you can take another med with this to make it more like the pyridium plus. I hope this helps some.

Leave a comment:

• NanetteS
    ICN Member

• NanetteS
    started a topic Pyridium Plus/ then what?????

Pyridium Plus/ then what?????

I have taken Pyridium Plus for YEARS................
    We have been changed to a NEW Pharmacy with our Insurance I am NOW being told this medications is NO LONGER Manufactured.
    It says on the Bottle.....which I have just now run out.......to "NOT STOP TAKING ABRUBPTLY"............ I have reduced to 1 X per day for the past several weeks.
    Due to a family CRISIS...I had left my home and my Husband to tend to an ill family member. I needed to return home to pick up this prescription the Pharmacy informed my husband I had been taking.... in Place of Pyridium Plus.....there were a few other medications with the same Ingredients....
    I have JUST....now opened the bottle to find.........this IS NOT the Medication I had been taking and I had received the medication from THIS very same Pharmacy.....I now have "Phenazopyridine" which IS NOT the same ingredients as was in the Pyridium Plus.........I messed up by NOT checking and leaving it up to someone else.....husband/Pharmacist..... to tend to my regular Medications.
    I fear of having.......Unpleasant Side Affects after taking the Pyridium Plus for SO MANY YEARS...................
    Has anyone else run accross this problem of taking the Pyridium Plus to find it is NOT manufactured anymore? IF SO............what were YOUR OPTIONS....Please respond so I may contact my Urologist and the New Pharmacy in the morning............
    NanetteS
Working...
X