No announcement yet.

Gelnique - I like this product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried it both in the morning and also at night. I'm not sure if it makes any difference since it is effective for 24 hours. I only use it about every three days and that seems to be enough for me to keep the bladder spasms at bay. I only use a half a packet at a time also- for some reason this is all I need to quiet the bladder. It may have to do with how sensitively I react to meds.

Comment

Originally posted by earthlady View Post
      I've tried it both in the morning and also at night. I'm not sure if it makes any difference since it is effective for 24 hours. I only use it about every three days and that seems to be enough for me to keep the bladder spasms at bay. I only use a half a packet at a time also- for some reason this is all I need to quiet the bladder. It may have to do with how sensitively I react to meds.

Thanks earthlady, I am super sensitive to meds too! I can only take half of a 10 mg muscle relaxer and be tired and groogy the next day.... I will try it in the morning and use half the packet... Hope this helps, as this will be my first med besides the muscle relaxer taken as needed... I usually take an herbal supplement called Sleep Blend Sp-17 along with Gaba and it helps me sleep through the night, unless the dog starts barking at the wind, like he did last night...

xoxo,
      Kim

Comment

I have been thinking of trying the Gaba since by now my sleep patterns have been so interrupted that even after the bladder spasms stop I am still awakening often. How has the Gaba worked for you? Any side effects?

Comment

Originally posted by kimee View Post
          I forgot to ask you ladies when you put the gel on? Morning, night? I usually don't have to get up during the night but in the morning and throughout the day my bladder feels irritated.... I am doing PFT right now, this is my 3rd session... Seems to be helping some but I think I need to give it more time.... I just want this bladder to calm down a little more.... I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be taking about this kind of stuff, I had never in my life even heard of IC... I am positve and hopeful that we will all get better! I keep praying for wisdom , guidance and healing..... Only believe ~~
          I put it on every day after my shower. It says you can shower an hour after putting it on but I would worry that it would lesson the potency etc. I started with 1/2 packet but since there are no side effects that I have felt I am now using the full packet for the full effect. I want to stop not only the spasms which it does great but to decrease my frequency as much as I can. Yesterday I had a number of times where I went 3 hours or a little more. I like the fact that when I go this long there is alot to go yet I haven't been feeling like I REALLY GOTTA GO which is how I normally feel. Instead its been like "oh its been 3 hours do I gotta go?" such a nice feeling! Hope it works for you.
          Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
          Macrobid after sex
          Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
          synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
          AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
          AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
          Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

I have been thinking of trying the Gaba since by now my sleep patterns have been so interrupted that even after the bladder spasms stop I am still awakening often. How has the Gaba worked for you? Any side effects?

Gaba is wonderful for anxiety as it calms down the nervous system... It relaxes me and helps me fall asleep with zero side effects... When your going through a stressfull time be it physical or emotional Gaba gets depleted in the brain so I often take it when I am feeling that way... There is a place called the painandstresscenter.com that sells pharmacuetical grade Gaba, you can open up the capsule and put it in water... It just seems to work for me, my mood is starting to be brighter and that along with the valerian root ( the sleep formula I mentioned from my previous post) makes me sleep like a baby... However, you can take the Gaba anytime of the day... I also pick my Gaba up from the local GNC or vitamin shop as well....

Comment

Originally posted by cmclien View Post
              I put it on every day after my shower. It says you can shower an hour after putting it on but I would worry that it would lesson the potency etc. I started with 1/2 packet but since there are no side effects that I have felt I am now using the full packet for the full effect. I want to stop not only the spasms which it does great but to decrease my frequency as much as I can. Yesterday I had a number of times where I went 3 hours or a little more. I like the fact that when I go this long there is alot to go yet I haven't been feeling like I REALLY GOTTA GO which is how I normally feel. Instead its been like "oh its been 3 hours do I gotta go?" such a nice feeling! Hope it works for you.

That is very encouraging news and I am so excited it is working so well for you!! I hope it helps me as well, looking forward to not thinking about my bladder so much lol... The funny think is I can go up to 1, 2 or 3 hours sometimes 4( rare) but I will feel the urgency to go inbetween, so I will try to resist because I know I don't need to go again... Sometimes it's hard not to give in to the urge... It's strange that I don't need to go to the bathroom at night but during the day, troting back and forth to the restroom...This will be a delight if it helps! Hopefully I can pick it up today and I will let you know how it's working for me... Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

It's interesting how different we all are with this condition. During the day when I am active and moving around I don't get many urges or irritation- It's at night or when I lay down for a long time that my bladder acts up. This whole condition is so confusing to figure out sometimes, as everyone can be so different in their symptoms. I was taking L-Theanine which I read can be a precursor for gaba so I'm wondering what the difference would be in taking just the gaba if any.

Comment

[QUOTE=earthlady;575829]It's interesting how different we all are with this condition. During the day when I am active and moving around I don't get many urges or irritation- It's at night or when I lay down for a long time that my bladder acts up. This whole condition is so confusing to figure out sometimes, as everyone can be so different in their symptoms. I was taking L-Theanine which I read can be a precursor for gaba so I'm wondering what the difference would be in taking just the gaba if any.[/QUOTE

Here is some information I found about Gaba, hope this helps>>>

There have also been extensive reports that this product improves
                  sleep cycles, providing for that ever-important good night of
                  sleep, while working as a pain-reducer for those with arthritis
                  and other nagging discomforts.....
                  ______________________________________________________________________

GABA, that simple amino acid that can restore your nerves in a matter of minutes has so many benefits it’s difficult to pick just five. We have narrowed it down to the top 5 benefits of GABA that will make the biggest difference in your anxiety relief and in your life.

Fast relief of tension and anxiety. Even if you’ve felt uptight for as long as you can remember GABA’s amazing and almost immediate affect on your mood is it’s number one benefit.
                  Safe to use. GABA is a naturally occurring amino acid that your body produces under normal circumstances. If you’ve been under stress of any kind taking a GABA supplement is a safe way to experience anxiety relief and return your levels to normal.
                  Non Addictive. Unlike benzodiazepines like Valium that are created to enhance the effects of GABA in your brain, a GABA supplement provides the same relaxing anti anxiety without the addictive side effects. If your levels return to normal and you take a GABA supplement you will just get sleepy or it will have no effect at all, there is no withdrawal.
                  Natural Sleep Aid. Another of the great benefits of GABA is it’s ability to induce muscle relaxation. In combination with the calming of your racing mind many people find a GABA supplement helpful in falling asleep more easily.
                  Recovery From Substance Abuse. Yes, it’s true. Whether you turn to alcohol, food, smoking or drugs to help you feel better or relax taking a GABA supplement can be a life changing experience. It’s ability to ease the moods that send some of us into addictive behavior is perhaps one of the lesser understood benefits of GABA but incredibly important if it can help you create a better life for yourself.

Comment

Update..............I just put the Gelnique on , well see how it goes...... I started with half a packet to see how it effects me...

Comment

kimee- Has the Gelnique been working for you? I found that using it in the morning seems to work better for me. Must have something to do with it being absorbed better when your circulation is up and running since it's absorbed into the bloodstream.

Comment

Hi there Earthlady! Well, I have only tried it once and it gave me bladder pain, so I haven't tried it again yet... I put half of the packet on in the morning... I think I should give it another chance... No side effects like dry mouth just PAIN... How do you measure so you are getting half? ( I't hard to tell in the packet)

xoxo,
                        Kimee

Comment

are you sure you have IC??? I mean going 8 times and thinking thats "not bad" thats the normal for a normal person to go in a 24 hour period...per my Urologist (the past 3 of them).

I wish I only went 8 times...I am surprised your dr. is prescribing meds for you going 8 times in a 24 hour period. Most people here with IC go alot more than that especially in a 24 hr period how were you diagnosed?
                          I wouldn't rush to meds going 8 times a day.

Comment

kimee- Oh darn- sorry to hear it gave you pain. I just estimated half a packet so I guess I really didn't know exactly how much I was getting. Lately though I have been using the whole packet, and side effects are still minimal. This whole trial and error thing with medication can wear you down. At least you're able to sleep ok.

Comment

Originally posted by nnj925 View Post
                              are you sure you have IC??? I mean going 8 times and thinking thats "not bad" thats the normal for a normal person to go in a 24 hour period...per my Urologist (the past 3 of them).

I wish I only went 8 times...I am surprised your dr. is prescribing meds for you going 8 times in a 24 hour period. Most people here with IC go alot more than that especially in a 24 hr period how were you diagnosed?
                              I wouldn't rush to meds going 8 times a day.

Hi there! At the very beginning I was going about 30 times a day, I was drinking cranberry juice and on two different anitbotics that only made me feel worse... I have Never had a UTI so I thought for sure I had one but the test would come back with no bacteria , I had it tested 4 times... My bladder felt SO irritated All the time and I had so much pressure in my bladder... I have calmed things down quite bit, but I still feel irratiation however, it is managable... If I drink coffee or some of the NoNo's I will get a flare and be going to the restroom every 20 min... I am taking lot's of natural supplements and sticking to the diet so I am hoping all this will heal my bladder.... My Uro/ Gyno said it was mild IC.... It sure didn't feel mild in the beginning stages.... I had the potasium test done, it didn't event hurt... Then the Cytoscopy that was done in his office... That hurt! He said my bladder didn't have any cancer and looked healthy... So he diagnoised me based on my symptoms and after ruling out everything else.... Right now, I am doing PFT so I hope it all helps.... I just want to be back to normal.... Don't we all....

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with Gelnique kind of flaking during the day? It's dry, just seems to be flaking off.

Comment

Working...
                                X