Gelnique - I like this product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gelnique

My doc gave me a sample of Gelnique last week. I've been using it and haven't noticed a difference between that and the Sanctura. I'd rather use Gelnique but I thought it was a patch that you put on. When you get the prescription instead of samples, is it still a gel? I'm not sure I want to mess with a gel, but I like the fact it doesn't go through the brain like the others.

Comment

Gelnique

Hi Linda: In reply to your post, my urologist's office gave me a time frame of two weeks to see if Gelnique was working for me. At that point Vesicare was doing nothing for me. I stopped the Vesicare and began the Gelnique. By the end of the two weeks I had total relief from frequency and urge. As I said in my post, I saw improvement in a day or two. I no longer have leaks and I was having them all the time. I have overactive bladder, not IC, but I also began following the IC diet very closely, eliminating everything irritating and gradually reintroducing foods with the exception of coffee, alcohol, tea, chocolate, artificial sweeteners and citrus--I still stay away from those. I figured it can't hurt to eliminate bladder irritating foods. I have also been diligent about doing about 30 Kegels a day and it has helped with stress incontinence. I no longer leak when I sneeze. My urologist said the Gelnique could also be helping with that as well. While the Gelnique is not as easy as taking a pill, it really only takes a minute or two. I do it before bed because they recommend doing it the same time every day and bedtime is a better time for me. I have had no side effects. My urologist is very pleased with my progress. I hope you have as much success as I have had with Gelnique. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X