Ketorolac / Toradol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketorolac / Toradol

I have really bad urethra pain to the point where I have trouble walking when it strikes.

The doctor wants me to try Toradol I am picking it up tomorrow.

Any experience with this med?? It is not one I hear discussed often. Thanks.
    DX: IC, V, VV, PFD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, PN (just chronic inflammation of the nerve, not an entrapment), Depression

Current Treatments: Effexor XR, Gabapentin, Oral Valium, Methadone, Lidocaine, ice/heat packs, sometimes vaginal valium suppositories, Vicodin

My Pelvic Pain Blog

FB Fanpage for My Pelvic Pain Blog

I was actually given toradol yesterday in the ER. I was also given diladid too. I have never had a script for it but I do know it is used for moderate to severe pain.
    Diagnosis: IC '09, vulvodynia '10, fructose intolerance '06, GERD '06, fibromyalgia '09, IBS '10 and TMJ '09, PCOS '11, genital herpes '12

Current Meds: Butrans patch, welbutrin, lamictol, geodon, xanax, aldactone, linzess, topimax, trazadone and diflucan as needed.

Meds tried before: Elmiron, elavil, antibiotics, welbutrin, cymbalta, prozac, nerve blocks, instills, nyastatin, flexerol, percocet, naproxen (which was what I was given for pain for years).

Comment

I looked it up for you.

This is a bit of what it said about it:DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Ketorolac is a member of a class of drugs called nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that is used for treating inflammation and pain. Other drugs in this class include ibuprofen (Motrin) and naproxen (Naprosyn, Aleve), but ketorolac is more effective than other NSAIDs in reducing pain from both inflammatory and non-inflammatory causes.

Most people with IC find NSAIDs bother their bladders.

I have tried it, I can't say if it bothered my bladder I am not sure I would know if it did, because my bladder was hurting so much already and it did nothing for my pain.

Once in a while when my back is sore my Dr. will give me a shot of it, the shot doesn't bother my bladder, it does help my back a bit, but not a whole lot.

Having said that we are all different and react to med differently, so just because I did not find it too be of much help to me you may find it is a wonder drug for you.

It is worth a try. I have been told that NSAIDS work well in combo with other pain meds, as in the case of ginaaa22 who was given both at the ER.

Hope it works for you, it sounds like no fun at all to have really bad urethra pain to the point where I have trouble walking when it strikes.

I am sure I have read where peple use lidocaine patches for this and they help.

MG
      My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Thanks for researching that was really sweet of you.

I took a double dose this afternoon (which is the instruction for the first dose) and it knocked me out for two hours. I also barely got any sleep the night before though so that may have contributed.

It does seem to be helping the pain some. I just took dose 2 an hour ago which is only 10mg...I don't feel as tired as with the earlier dose.

I feel a lil light headed.

I am supposed to take it for five days. Take five days off. Then go back on it. I guess I will form my full opinion once the first five days are over.
        DX: IC, V, VV, PFD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, PN (just chronic inflammation of the nerve, not an entrapment), Depression

Current Treatments: Effexor XR, Gabapentin, Oral Valium, Methadone, Lidocaine, ice/heat packs, sometimes vaginal valium suppositories, Vicodin

My Pelvic Pain Blog

Comment

Yes it did say further down in the notes on this med said that the first dose is often a double dose.

My Dr. often gives me the shot because of that reason, he thinks the shot is easier on my bladder but as I said i don't really know.

I don't think it should knock you out but probably allowed you to sleep from being tired. Or it took the pain away enough to let you sleep. Either way good, pain is so much worse with no sleep.

I hope this works for you. I did read about the 5 day thing as well, I guess it is not meant to be used long term.

Keep us posted on how it goes for you. MG
          My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mothergoose View Post
            Yes it did say further down in the notes on this med said that the first dose is often a double dose.

My Dr. often gives me the shot because of that reason, he thinks the shot is easier on my bladder but as I said i don't really know.

I don't think it should knock you out but probably allowed you to sleep from being tired. Or it took the pain away enough to let you sleep. Either way good, pain is so much worse with no sleep.

I hope this works for you. I did read about the 5 day thing as well, I guess it is not meant to be used long term.

Keep us posted on how it goes for you. MG
            Ended up going off this med, did not like it at all. I have an appt with a new Uro July 1 and am considering pain management.

My Pelvic Pain Blog

Comment

I was given Toradol in the ER for a sever headache and within 30 minutes of taking it my headache was down to a dull ache. The my Dr gave me a script for them up I am not allowed to take it very long, he kept telling me it is a very dangerous drug, and not to drink or anything else because this drug could damage my kidneys fairly quickly.
              So needless to say I am a little nervous to take it more than for my headaches, which are more frequently and more painful.
              Sorry that you didn't like the medicine, I hope that you feel better soon
              Kirsten
              Started Vaginal Valium Suppositories April 2014
              Hysterectomy April 2003 (for abdominal pain),Diagnosed with IC August 2003
              Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Disorder 2004,Had right ovary and fallopan tube removed 2005
              Diagnosed with diverticulosis 2006,Interstim December 2006,Home Instillations 2007-not effective
              Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2007,Appendectomy February 2008,
              Interstim repair December 2008,Removal of the Interstim August 2011,
              6 Hydrodistentions from 2003-2009 Diagnosed with restless leg syndrome March 2014
              Diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome November 2013
              Ambien 5mg for sleep.
              Elivil 50 mg at bed
              Lisinopril 20mg in AM
              Effexor 225 mg
              Oxycodone 10 mgs 2 x a day for pain
              Baclofen 20mg 3x a day
              Phenazopyridine 200 mg as needed
              Omeprazole 20 mg at night
              Lyrica 450 mg daily
              Requip .50 mg at night
              Ketorolac 10 mg as needed for migraines

Comment

My daughter had a script for tordol for her menstral cramps and migraines during her period. The doctor told us this med cannot be taken more then 7 days at a time . I was also told this by several other doctors including my PCP and 2 ER docs . They told me it was very dangerous and should not be taken long term although they didnt explain why ? Are you supposed to be taking it long term ?

Lauren

Comment

Working...
                X