Question about Prosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Prosed

My urologist prescribed Prosed to help with urgency and discomfort. I've taken a couple of pills but haven't noticed a lot of difference in how I feel.

How does Prosed work? Should I feel better after the first dose or is the effect cumulative (i.e. becomes effective after several doses and with continuous usage when symptoms are present)?

Thank you.

Hatshepsut

when I was given Prosed my dr. told me to take it as needed. There are a lot of people on it on a regular basis, and then some who only take it during a flare. I don't believe it has a cumulative effect but you may need to take it for a few days to really see if it is helping. I had terrible side effects from it and could only take it for a couple days at most.

Comment

I too am on Prosed Ds and am not sure if it is agreeing with me as well as I am concerned about the blue dye which seems to interact badly with everything as well as causing potential health problems. What were your side effects??
      Kier

Comment

My side effects from it were dizziness, extreme dry mouth, bad taste in my mouth which caused me to stop eating, and nausea. For me it was one of the worst meds I have ever taken. It did nothing for my bladder and I actually think I got worse while on it.

Comment

u can get prosed components

Remember that it has about 5 ingredients a subset of which is in the OTC pills CYSTEX that does not have the blue or the anti-spasm component which I think is what might help me but you can get the hyscomine (sp) as a separate prescription from your doctor and test that to see if only that is what works. I have the script but have not tried it yet. I've posted many times about prosed and how it is a combo drug that u can try to test its components and see what you are really responding to. I think the strong part is the prescription anti-spasm part. The rest is aspirin-like and an anti-infective (retards germ growth but not an anti-biotic) and some acidic component (yes) necessary for the anti-infective part to work.
          I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

update

I got into a flare last night and it feels as if there is big pinch at the top of where I imagine the urethra is. So I started in the Hyoscyamine and I have taken 3 pills since this morning and I am not relieved yet. Boo Hoo, but sometimes it takes prosed a few days to work so I have to give the hyoscyamine a few days to work. I will need to add in a little valium tonight to sleep. I have done this before. I have not felt this bad in more than a month.
            I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

Just courios as what side effects you had with Prosed. I use to be able to take it but I think this last flare didn't agree with it. I'm afraid to use it again. For me this last time, I just felt discomfort, not helping me at all.

Comment

Working...
              X