prosed users - about the blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prosed users - about the blue

I found this on Wikipedia about the blue in prosed... there is much more there about it if you look it up
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylene_blue
    Medicine
    Methylene blue is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI),[5] and if infused intravenously at doses exceeding 5 mg/kg, may precipitate serious serotonin toxicity, serotonin syndrome, if combined with any selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) or other serotonin reuptake inhibitor (e.g., duloxetine, sibutramine, venlafaxine, clomipramine, imipramine).[6]
    YIKES (my comment - but only injected?)

Methylene blue is also structurally similar to the chlorpromazine and the typical antipsychotics. It is the basic compound from which chlorpromazine and many other antipsychotics are made.[7]

Methylene blue is a component of a frequently prescribed urinary analgesic/anti-infective/anti-spasmodic known as "Prosed", which also contains methanamine, hyoscyamine sulfate, and salicylate. A similar, more popular combination medication known as "Urised" (and its generic counterparts) was discontinued in 2007, quite possibly because of the way in which methanamine was included into the formulation (and its ease of separation from the other components of the medication), and the fact that methanamine is a precursor to methamphetamine, making it a target for clandestine use. The new formulation ("Prosed") sequesters the methanamine using a method which makes its separation nearly impossible.
    I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Herbs

Thanks for the information. I would like to know if anyone knows if Wild Yam Root is safe to take?

Comment

Good grief- No wonder I felt like crap when I tried taking it. Even my pharmacist thought there were too many meds mixed together in combination with this med. This was by far the worst med I have ever taken and made me feel like I was dying. No joke. Sorry for the rant.

Comment

I concur, earthlady. I felt terrible the 2.5 days that I took Prosed. It just was not for me.
        March 2011-Symptoms began
        May 2011-Tentative diagnosis by OB/GYN
        October 2011-Confirmed diagnosis -- IC/PFD

Current treatments:
        Elmiron- 300 mg (Began 12/11)
        Hydroxyzine- 50-75 mg (Began 7/11)
        Tizabidine- 2mg 3xTID, if needed (Began 12/11)
        IC Diet-Began 5/11
        Pelvic Floor Therapy-Began 12/11

Current Supplements:
        Cystoprotek
        Magnesium
        Fish Oil
        Biotin

Comment

Wow really? I have no reaction at all to Prosed. Can't live without it! And I am definitely not addicted!

Comment

Working...
          X