Myrbetriq causing flare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrbetriq causing flare?

I'm curious to know if anyone else has tried Myrbetriq yet and what their experience has been on it. I've been on it for roughly three weeks and for over a week now I've been in the worst flare of my entire life. Mind you, I haven't followed the IC diet as strictly as I should because for over 6 months I haven't been food sensitive. Anyone else ever flare from this medication?

Re: Myrbetriq causing flare?

Yes--I just replied to another thread about this. Oh how I wish I'd done a search here before I thought "well hey, what's the worst that can happen," and popped it in my mouth. I'm in a super-flare and given that I didn't eat anything bad I don't know what else it could be. Pain has never been my problem, just urgency...and I'm having totally insane urgency.
    Last edited by Pillowfight; 05-05-2019, 06:47 PM.
    Diagnosed with IC in 2005, PFD in 2016. My sister has had IC for 21 years and our mother over 30. 66 years of bladder fun combined!

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that after about 7-10 days off of Myrbetriq, I was totally back to normal. My doctor still refuses to believe that it was the cause of my flare, but I see no other reason for it since I felt better when I came off it.

Comment

Myrbetriq caused urine hesitancy and spasms. I only took it for two weeks and could tell it was making me worse, I feel like a lot of OAB meds cause issues for IC.
        Health Issues
        IC - Symptoms started June 2014. Official diagnosis on October 2, 2014.
        Doctors believe this was triggered by Accutane which I took from March 2014-July 2014
        Symptoms:
        I don't have flares, constant bladder filling pain, tenderness of urethra & bladder, and suprapubic pain since Sept 2014.

Failed
        Norco, Nucynta, Neurontin-300-2,700mgs, Elavil-10-50 mgs, Lexapro, Klonopin, DH Aloe, Cystoprotek, Heparin & Elmiron Instills, 6 months Pelvic Floor Therapy, Hydroxyzine 75mgs, Singulair 10mg, Lyrica 600mg, Effexor, Elmiron 300mgs, Flomax, Myrbetrique, PTNS, TENS, MMJ, Nerve Block, Every diet & herb out there! Pain Pump Fail 1/2/17

WHATS LEFT!? - Pain Stim trial, Interstim, Hydrodistention, Botox, CyA and finally bladder removal.
        Follow me on my IC Journey: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGr...BRg2Xf495n_q6w

Comment

My doctor just sent me home with 4 weeks worth of Myrbetriq today after getting a rescue instil. I'm already in the middle of a 2 week long bad flare and not sure if I want to try this. My Doctor said her patients have responded well to it and it would be good for me because it doesn't cause as much retention (something I've had problems with in the past). Of course she also had a ton of samples, meaning the drug reps have been pushing it. Not sure if I should chance it while I'm already in a flare. I'll let you know what happens if I decide to take it.
          ~Star B.

Conditions:
          Interstitial Cystitis
          Fibromyalgia
          Chronic Fatigue
          Endometriosis
          Neurally Mediated Syncopy

Comment

I'd say it totally depends on the kind of IC you have. If you have the kind that's sensitive to any and all stimulants (like mine), I'd say you might be in for a rough ride. It definitely has stimulant properties (norepinephrine agonist) and I'd recommend NOT trying it at night like I did. Why doctors are not mentioning this at all I have no idea?! If, on the other hand, you have the kind of IC my sister has--who takes Concerta and drinks coffee all day long--I'd say go for it. But if you try it and it's a fail you'll probably know immediately, or at least I did. Just my two cents!
            Last edited by Pillowfight; 02-19-2015, 12:28 PM.
            Diagnosed with IC in 2005, PFD in 2016. My sister has had IC for 21 years and our mother over 30. 66 years of bladder fun combined!

Comment

I'm super-sensitive to stimulants. I'm definitely going to read up on it more.
              ~Star B.

Conditions:
              Interstitial Cystitis
              Fibromyalgia
              Chronic Fatigue
              Endometriosis

Comment

Any findings? Have you tried it? Just curious.

Comment

I was on it for 3 months. No problems, except after a while finding it difficult to pee. So stopped them.

Comment

I was just prescribed this yesterday, but am now scared to take it based on these experiences. I didn't have any trouble with Detrol LA, until I started feeling dizzy after 10 days of taking it. I am extremely sensitive to so many things right now, such as pyridium (as AZO) and Uribel, and even some supplements. I'm worried this will burn me too, or cause retention/hesitancy, which I haven't had any problems with so far.
                    Officially diagnosed with IC: 3/30/15

Current treatment plan:
                    Elmiron 2x100 mg
                    Elavil: 25 mg
                    Atarax: 25 mg
                    Probiotics
                    Yoga at least twice per week (to replace PT which ended December 2015 after 8 months)
                    IC diet

Comment

I did try it and it immediately caused my urethra to start burning due to hesitation. I stopped after the first pill. That said, I am extremely sensitive to medications, even ones that usually don't cause problems.
                      ~Star B.

Conditions:
                      Interstitial Cystitis
                      Fibromyalgia
                      Chronic Fatigue
                      Endometriosis

Comment

I am crazy sensitive to drugs. My body overreacts to everything. If you haven't ever had issues with retention/hesitancy, you might be ok. That seems to be my go-to side effect with almost every medication.
                        ~Star B.

Conditions:
                        Interstitial Cystitis
                        Fibromyalgia
                        Chronic Fatigue
                        Endometriosis

Comment

I do have two weeks of free samples to try, so I wouldn't be losing any money. But my gynecologist already called in the prescription (which is crazy expensive), and CVS has filled it as of last night. What happens if I don't pick it up?
                          Officially diagnosed with IC: 3/30/15

Current treatment plan:
                          Elmiron 2x100 mg
                          Elavil: 25 mg
                          Atarax: 25 mg
                          Probiotics
                          Yoga at least twice per week (to replace PT which ended December 2015 after 8 months)
                          IC diet

Comment

In my experience, after a certain period of time CVS just puts the pills back in the bottle and 'unfills' it. This should have no repercussions for you. Just if you decide after your free samples run out that you want to keep taking it, the doc might have to phone it in again before you can get it.
                            Current Therapy:
                            Pelvic Floor PT exercises
                            Diet

Past Therapy:
                            Sacral Neuromodulation (twice)
                            Pudendal Nerve Stimulation
                            Bladder instillations (self-administered daily)
                            Lidocaine urethral injections
                            5 Antispasmodic OAB medications
                            Biofeedback
                            Cyclosporine
                            Elmiron
                            Botox (200 IU)

Comment

With the pharmacies I've used, they usually put the medication back, but keep my prescription on file. If you need to fill it after you use the sample packs, you can just call ahead and see if they can fill it.
                              ~Star B.

Conditions:
                              Interstitial Cystitis
                              Fibromyalgia
                              Chronic Fatigue
                              Endometriosis

Comment

Working...
                              X