Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Throffer
    started a topic IC/Elmiron and Osteoperosis

IC/Elmiron and Osteoperosis

I have had IC for almost 20 years now and have been very blessed to be one of many who have found relief using Elmiron. With that said there are many things that interact very negatively with the Elmiron (food, drink and other medications) and can throw one in to a horrible flare-up with just a bite-full or two.
    I have Osteoporosis and can't take any of the common medications. After 3 years of Reclast infusions, my doctor wants to start me on either daily Prolia injections or Tymols, every 6 month injections. My Urologist referred me to the pharmacist when I asked her about any drug interactions with Elmiron. The pharmacist has said that there are no known interactions with either.
    I bring this to you all as in the past I have been told that there are no known interactions, but with Prednisone and Elmiron, only to have bladder spasms after only two days of taking the medication, and then coming here to this forum to find others have had the same issue with the Prednisone.
    Sooo...my question is... if anyone has had any issues taking either Prolia or Tymols for their Osteoporosis while taking Elmiron?
    Thank you.
Working...
X