diarrhea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diarrhea

Has anyone had diarrhea while on Elmiron? I've always taken it out of the capsule, but that doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

I had horrible diarrhea with Elmiron. frown
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm.... How long have you been on it? I do know some people have stopped it b/c of that. frown
      Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I was on it for about a year, then stopped it. The diarrhea went away after about two weeks. I started on the Elmiron again in January (after being off it for several months), and within about 2 weeks the diarrhea came back.

The Elmiron did help my bladder tremendously, but I think the diarrhea is worse at this point. If I'm not in the bathroom for one reason, it's for the other. Ugh!!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I have been taking elmiron for over 6 years and the diarrhea never went away until recently when my uro gave me a prescription for bentyl. Its a prescription used for IBS but it also relaxes the bladder. It has really helped with the diarrhea problem!

Comment

Working...
          X