Flaring, trying to figure out why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaring, trying to figure out why.

I have been on Elmiron for like a year and a half, but I never felt sure if the elmiron was helping or if it was the fact that I was learning about the diet, etc. So, I (for like 3 months) was only taking one or two pills a day instead of the three that my uro recommended. (bad girl!) I am now in the worst flare of my life and I am wondering if that had something to do with it. Anyone with similar experiences????? Thanks!!!!!!!!! Melissa banghead

I'm not sure exactly what's causing your flaring, but I have found incredible relief by double-teaming IC with Elmiron and a dietary supplement called Prelief. I take the Prelief with food or drink that are likely to cause me discomfort, and my flare-ups have been dramatically reduced. Prelief is basically just calcium and magnesium, so there's very little concern about interactions or side effects. Good Luck!

Comment

I was once told by a doc office that I didn't have IC and to stop Elmiron...I didn't believe them but did what they said....big error...I was so happy that I got a second opinion on that fast and started it back up or my flare would have been longer and worse.

HOpe you get better soon......
      Faith, Hope, and Love,
      Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
      Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Katrina, thanks for your reply. You have peaked my curiosity because I am being treated at Mayo as well and I read your IC story and saw that you had been treated at Mayo. I was wondering how long it took you to getting back to normal after you started back on the elmiron? Thanks for the reply!!! )

Comment

Working...
        X