Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does it help with frequency and urgency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does it help with frequency and urgency?

My main symptoms is a fee;ing like my bladder is not empty, i go to the bathroom and not alot comes out, but it feels like there should be as i feel like i need to go bad.

Does this drug help with this at all?

Yes, the Elmiron has definitely helped me with those symptoms. Those were my main symptoms and it gradually got a lot better after a few months on Elmiron.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

That was my main symptom when this whole thing started and it helped me within 2 months.

Good luck to you, Erin
      [email protected]

Comment

I'm having the same problem as RKO. Elmiron has been helpful. I've been taking 1 capsule per day for the last 6 mos, but lately my frequency has increased and sometimes it's just drip, drip, drip! There is the pressure in the bladder like voiding isn't done, so I wait and wait, decide it's finished, leave the bathroom & then go back in there again! Water intake hasn't been as good as it was in the beginning, &, of course, I've eaten lots of different foods. 99.9% no burning, but just frequency. Driving me crazy. Oh, & not to mention that sometimes I have to run to the bathroom, or I'll wet my britches!!! Anyone else having the drip, drip, drip problem. Most of the time the flow is good, depending on water intake. Thanks for your input. Happy New year, may they find a cure. Kind of rhymes! S
        Steph
        Happy New Year - may they find a cure!!! (Have you stopped to smell the roses today?)

Comment

Working...
        X