Has it helped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has it helped

I would love some encouraging news.... Anyone out there helped by Elmiron? My dr. believes that it can send people into remission.

I started Elmiron 11 weeks ago tomorrow. I take 3x daily 100mg each on an empty stomach. I have had no side affects and have started to feel really good! I hope it will continue and hope and pray it works for you..
    ~~Pamj~~
    God brought me to it, He will bring me through it!!!

Diagnosed 2003
    by cysto/hydro
    Elmiron took almost a year- made me sick, caused diarrhea
    Pyridium -Made me sick
    Detrol and Ditropan, Toviaz and Mrrbetriq- caused constipation and head ache.
    Tried DMSO instill- had 5 out of 6
    Started Oxytrol Patch-stopped using them after 3 months-- skin was getting irritated
    Cysto/hydro April 6th 2011-- on expansion only hold one cup
    IBS/ IC
    High blood pressure meds and Crestor
    Metformin (prediabetic)
    Sinequan (depression)

Comment

Thanks for responding. I'm only on week 4. Glad to hear that you feel good. How early in the treatment did you get results?

Comment

I have been on Elmiron since July. I take 3 x 100mg a day. I am feeling really good. I definately notice a big difference. But I also take Atarax, Detrol LA, and Elavil. So I think it is the combo that helped me.

Cali
        Cali

Comment

Dawn,
          I started to feel better around week 5.. My uro was surprized that I was feeling good so quick.. I do not take anything else with it. Stress in my life had let up as well at that time so maybe that is part of it. I do take a lot of water with it and always on a empty stomach..
          ~~Pamj~~
          God brought me to it, He will bring me through it!!!

Diagnosed 2003
          by cysto/hydro
          Elmiron took almost a year- made me sick, caused diarrhea
          Pyridium -Made me sick
          Detrol and Ditropan, Toviaz and Mrrbetriq- caused constipation and head ache.
          Tried DMSO instill- had 5 out of 6
          Started Oxytrol Patch-stopped using them after 3 months-- skin was getting irritated
          Cysto/hydro April 6th 2011-- on expansion only hold one cup
          IBS/ IC
          High blood pressure meds and Crestor
          Metformin (prediabetic)
          Sinequan (depression)

Comment

i started taking elimron grouphug june 2001 i couldnt tell it was helping me until i stopped taking it then i knew it was my doctor also look at my bladder after being on elimron and said it looked alot better but still i didn't feel it was helping me enough so now i take the heparin at home one to three times a day threw a cath I can tell that has helped.
            i have heard many people going into remission with elimron good luck i pray it works for you.
            Medicine taken daily or as needed:
            1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
            2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
            3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
            4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
            5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
            5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
            6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
            7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

I've been on Elmiron since '98. My pain is much less, I think because I now have a bladder lining to protect me!
              IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12 & again in 9/17. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal cord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

Comment

Thanks! Was anyone helped with urethral pain? That's my main problem.

Comment

Hi Dawn.

Most of my pain is/was uretheral. I have been on Elmiron for 2 years now and it has helped me a great deal. I take nothing else but I must stick to a strict diet. If I slip up and eat a NoNo I will feel it. My flares however are not as severe since being on Elmiron. I also make sure to take it religiously and on an empty stomach. I don't ever want to mess up and have the BE (before Elmiron) pains again.

Good luck. I truly hope the Elmiron helps you too.
                  Life is fragile. Handle with Prayer.

Comment

5/02 Pain started. Put through 5 antibotics.
                    8/03 Uro did cystoscopy, diagnosis IC.
                    10/03 Started Elmiron & elavil. Strict with diet.
                    11/03 Started DMSO treatments.
                    12/03 Pain lifting till 5th week of DMSO. Got infection. Took antibiotic for 1 week. Completed last DMSO after infection cleared. By mid Dec. pain free!
                    1/04 No pain, unless I sit to long, or don't relieve myself right away. Ya, no pain!

No side effects at all from Elmiron, another ya!

Most important of all, I ask God for a healing. If it be through medication, okay, I'll take it.

Hope this helps someone.

Comment

I've been on Elmiron for almost 2 months and it has helped me tremendously! I get little flares when Ieat something bad but not not as bad as it used to be. Now the only time I flare bad is during my period.

It sounds like its starting to help you too! YAY!!

Erin
                      [email protected]

Comment

I've been on Elmiron since 1 month and can tell it is already helping...a lot. I also stick to my diet and I'm feeling better everyday! wink
                        Tilly

Comment

Thank you to everyone responding. hi

Tomorrow will make 2 weeks on it & I've been afraid to hope too much... (but I'm secretly really hoping anyway!!!)
                          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                          Source - Pinterest
                          "

Current treatments:
                          -IC diet
                          -Elavil 50mg at night
                          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                          -Pyridium if needed,
                          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                          -Managing stress= VERY important!
                          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I am getting ready to start my third month of Elimron. I feel so much better, than I did without it. I have a lot more energy. It is a beautiful thing!! Stick to it.

Comment

Dawn,
                              I have been on Elmiron since June 13.My first uro had me on 100 twice a day. My second uro (who is on the IC Assoc. board and does research) upped the dosage to 200mg. twice a day for a total of 400. After a week of double the med, I woke up and realized that my pain was gone. It happened just like my first uro said-you just realize one day that you aren't burning. My new uro told me I could also up my Elavil to 75 from 25mg. a day, but I can't do that and teach school. He also took me off Atarax as I showed no mast cells. The researcher told me Elmiron does not have be taken on an empty stomach. He told me to take my pills, take a shower, then eat breakfast. Good luck, Rinnie

Comment

Working...
                              X