Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some great info on Elmiron for those with questions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some great info on Elmiron for those with questions!!

If you call 1-888-ELMIRON or visit http://www.elmiron100.com and you can get this mini kit that has a pill divider to keep up with your meds, newsletters, a booklet on Elmiron which I apparently need to read a bit more carefully lol, and some great info.

I found out that you can also qualify for reduced or free RX's of Elmiron but you must get your doctor to get the form and have the RN there fill it out according to the info you give them.

As broke as I am I should qualify.

I hope this helps the new people, and maybe some of the angels that have been here quite a long time.

Hugs, Sandy

oops! I forgot, the phamplets, etc, are called Turning Point, and they are great .

Hi there. Thanks for the tip. I went to the website but didn't find a place to contact them regarding the free stuff. How do I do this or would it be better just to call them directly? I need all the info I can get. I just joined this forum today!
    Love from far away,
    Tracy K

Current & Past Health Diagnosis(s)
    Currently suffering from 2nd Bladder Prolapse
    Interstitial Cystitis- March 2004
    Fibromyalgia 2004
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2005
    Severe Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Tension & Migraine Headaches
    Chronic/Severe Urinary Retention
    Numerous Endometriosis/Adhesions Removal Surgeries
    Pelvic Organ Prolapses (Uterus/Vaginal Walls, Bladder, & Rectum)
    Partial Hysterectomy 1997
    Ovaries Removed due to large cysts 1998
    Chronic UTI's (ongoing)
    Medtronic Interstim Unit removed after 5 months due to severe infection and unit was floating around in my lower back 2004

Never be ashamed to ask for help when you need it.

God will never give me more than I can handle, but sometimes I wonder if he lost track of what's he's dealt out here ???? I'm trying here

Comment

Hi!

I found the website as well but couldn't find anything about the free stuff.

October

Comment

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post. Just call 1-888-ELMIRON and they will sign you up for a packet and newsletter on Elmiron, and you can ask about patient assistance and they will probably tell you what they told me. Ask your Urologist to call them, get the paperwork, and they fill out their part, get you to fill out your part, and if you meet the income levels, meaning near poverty which I am, and you can get your monthly rx's free.

I just got 6 packages of 5 each of lidoderm patches that I use on my back for pain. It took forever, but now I am signed up and will continue to get these every month for quite a while, according to the nurse. Shes doing the same thing with the makers of Nexium as well for me.

So, I learned something recently and you REALLY can get meds for free, even if you have health insurance.

I have this huge box sitting on my table of the lidoderm patches and I just smile when I see it because I dont even know where to put it.

So get on the phone, call your nurses at your docs offices, for all your rx's (I'm working on mine now) and ask them to help you with all your meds, and the patience assistance plans......

Good luck!!! Sandy

Also, ask for the program called turning point like I mentioned above, and you'll get a booklet, the phamphlets, etc.

Comment

kissing
          Love from far away,
          Tracy K

Fibromyalgia 2004
          Irritable Bowel Syndrome
          Chronic UTI's (ongoing)
          Medtronic Interstim Unit removed after 5 months due to severe infection and unit was floating around in my lower back 2004

God will never give me more than I can handle, but sometimes I wonder if he lost track of what's he's dealt out here ???? I'm trying here

Comment

HOW STRANGE!!!
            I posted a reply but it didn't show up. I wanted to let you know that I finally called the 888 number and talked to someone directly and they'll be sending out the starter kit.

HOW/WHERE did you get the patches?
            Love from far away,
            Tracy K

Fibromyalgia 2004
            Irritable Bowel Syndrome
            Chronic UTI's (ongoing)

Comment

If you have a financial need for help with Elmiron, your doctor should be able to help you with the application.

Warm hugs,
              Donna
              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Tracy,

I got the patches the same way I am telling you you can get help with the Elmiron. You tell the nurse at your doctors office what drug/drugs you need help with. The pharmacutical co. will send / fax an application, they fill out the info they can, call you (in my case) for the rest of the info and the nurse faxes, then mails the hard copy of the application to the drug company. Thats how I got the patches.

She is now working on Nexium for me as my insurance costs me 65.00 for it.

I am trying for the Elmiron because it too costs me 65.00, and these are COPAYS....unbelievable, and I have GREAT primary insurance, and have medicare as a backup, but they dont pay for rx's.

The lidoderm patches are made by Endo pharmacuticals, and were great to send me soooooooo many patches. I shouldnt run out for a long long time and apparently will have regular 'refills' every month sent to the doc's office.

I hope I made that clear.........its as simple as asking your docs nurse to help you with patient assistance in getting a drug/drugs you cant afford thru the drug co. Call today! The sooner you apply, the sooner you get the meds approved.

I dont know what the financial limits are, but I sure meet them.

Hope this helps you, Sandy

Comment

thanks for shareing that information i dont know why i didnt think about posting that a while back when i first went on elimron but i dont take it now the doctor gave me a number to call they sent me information a free pill divider and something else i forgot what it was but they kept sending me information on elimron for a year. this is a good information thank you very much for sharing this with everyone. (((((Hugs sent your way))))) grouphug
                  Medicine taken daily or as needed:
                  1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
                  2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
                  3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
                  4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
                  5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
                  5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
                  6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
                  7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

if any of you need help getting free medicine please pm me i have a book full of free site that help with low income people and since medicine is so high it may help you even if your not real low income i had it posted on the low income board but may need to repost them.
                    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
                    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
                    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
                    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
                    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
                    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
                    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
                    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
                    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Please e-mail me and tell me how to post a message. Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

I recently got free Elmiron from ortho mcneil's Pt Assitance program, because I am uninsured. It was the hugest pain in the ass ever...they kept screwing up and delaying the delivery of my medicine for over a month and a half. I actually ran out of it and got really sick/wound up in the hugest flare ever, because i missed a few doses.
                        So give yourselves plenty of time before you run out of your own supply of Elmiron!!

In the end it was OK because I received 4 months worth....4 bottles of 100 capsules. It was just sooo difficult actually getting it!

xoxox

Comment

It is so nice to have this message board..To have all of this help and support
                          has been a god sent...Keep up the good work and please keep us all informed
                          on Elmiron and insurance it is soo necessary for us to know all of this..
                          Thanks
                          Patti G.

Comment

;

Yeah......my copay with Anthem Insurance was $94 !!!!!!!!!! For $94 a month, they should throw in a new bladder and some painkillers! lol

Thanks for the tip!

Kara
                            Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
                            Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
                            Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

Comment

Working...
                            X