Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those of you who take Elmiron.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those of you who take Elmiron.

For those of you who take Elmiron and it started working for you, does it take the pressure and the frequency away? I really can't say that I have pain with my IC, but that pressure and frequency can drive me crazy most days.
    Currently taking Elmiron 3 times a day, Ditropan XL 10 mg, 1 time a day, Elavil 10 mg, 1 time a day.

I also use a vaginal cream once a week and I follow an IC diet and use Prelief.

I didn't really have pain either and Elmiron has helped me A LOT.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Hi Evea,

I have been on elmiron since March 2000 and it completely took away my pressure and frequency.

Laura

Comment

Hi, Evea, been on it almost 4 months now and it's really helping me. The only days I still "flare" are around my period (right before it).

Love, ICY

Comment

Good question. I have been wondering the same thing about the pressure. I have been on Elmiron 6 weeks and it has helped a lot with the pain. I still have pressure, frequency, heaviness and bloating. I'm hoping these symptoms too will be helped in a little more time. After all it's only been 6 weeks for me. Hope someone knows the answer to this one. Thanks. Tilly
          Tilly

Comment

Working...
          X