• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    tigger_gal
    ICN Member

• tigger_gal
    replied
    would you be eligable to her ssd or even medicade? Diffently call the store and ask the for the companies names, look in the net for an rx help.

Leave a comment:

• curlycue
    ICN Member

• curlycue
    replied
    Elmiron

wow that is why I love these boards. I am going to call my Ins.Co on moday Thanks Ladies you guys are wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    ICN Member

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Wow Annie, that's cheap! I wish mine was that cheap! The sad thing is that I work for one of the largest third party administraters in the country. Basically that means that they admin benefits and we as employees get in my opinon crappy coveage. At least it's the worst coverage where I've had to pay the most out of pocket out of any insurance that I've ever had.

Leave a comment:

• Annie2
    ICN Member

• Annie2
    replied
    Definitely check out any mail order coverage you might have. I was paying $60/mo in co-pays through a regular pharmacy and then found I could get a three-month supply through my mail order coverage for just $35 (under $12 a month!). Mail order coverage varies from policy to policy, but it's currently something you will want to ask about because, if you do have it, it just might save you quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    ICN Member

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I looked into the assistance program and they won't help you if you have any kind of Rx coverage. I have to pay $120 for a three month supply through mail order. It wouldn't be so bad if I had to pay $40 a month but my insurance requires that I get three months at a time of any maintance Rx's. The first time I ordered it I actually had to ask my parents to help me out, with four kids in the house that was just more than I could afford.
    GriffsMommy
    ICN Member
    Last edited by GriffsMommy; 03-03-2007, 04:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    One thing you might want to check on is whether or not your insurance company has a mail order option. I save quite a bit by having my meds delivered to me every 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    ICN Member

• dg2901
    replied
    My copay for Elmiron went from $50 to $110/month. Without insurance the cost would be $485/month, so even with the huge increase in my copay, its still better than it not being covered at all.

From my understanding there is assistance available for patients who need help getting this medication. However, I'm not so sure this would be an option to those who are insured. i suppose you could call the manufacturer (or visit the website) and inquire.

Take care, dear
    D

Leave a comment:

• faith4jesus
    ICN Member

• faith4jesus
    started a topic Cost of Elmiron

Cost of Elmiron

I just started taking Elmiron a few days ago. I finally learned that what I have is IC through the potassium sensitivity test where they fill the bladder with 3 differents things. I had awful pain when the nurse put in the potassium.

My husband, the sweet wonderful man he is, well made a comment on how we will now have to pay $60 a month for the Elmiron. I am a stay at home mom and just feel awful!

How much do you all pay for Elmiron. Is there anyway we can get this cheaper? I already take Detrol, Urised, plus I have sinus spray I use daily & daily sinus meds I take. I feel awful! My dear husband said the way I am going with meds we won't soon be able to eat. I know he was just feeling stressed at the cost, but is there any the cost can be lowered?

We are not a rich USA family or a poor one. Just middle class. I have seen commercials on tv about how to make meds more affordable, but well just thought that didn't concern us. But now . . . I just feel so guilty about how much my IC is costing my family.
Working...
X