dropped elmiron :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropped elmiron :(

So I just dropped my elmiron bottle all over the floor, I went and picked the pills off and then rinsed them off and put them back in the bottle, but now they are all gooey . Should I keep on taking them, will they dry out. I feel so stupid. I think I got all of them I dont want my dog to find one of them. Anyways, should I pour them in water for the remaining pills since I dropped them on the floor? Questions.
    Thanks

I'm not sure if the water would hurt anything except to make them gooey. Maybe try laying them out on a paper towel to dry?

Comment

I agree with Meme. I don't think the water would hurt them, but laying them on a towel to dry might make them easier to take. I know I hate when pills get wet because then they taste AWFUL! UGH! But I don't see why a little water would hurt them.
      I am Jenny.
      "Karma is affiliated with the Neopagan law of return or Threefold Law, the idea that the beneficial or harmful effects one has on the world will return to oneself."

Dx:
      -UTI's and Kidney infections: Since 6 months of age
      -HPV: November 2005
      -Advance high-grade pre-cancer cells found in cervix: January 2006
      -LEEP procedure: January 2006
      -IC: January 2007

Medications (Began Treatment 3/27/07):
      -Elmiron 100mg 3 x per day
      -Elavil 25 mg
      -Hydroxyzine HCL 10mg
      -Sanctura 20 mg 2 X per day (added 07/24/07)

Weekly Instillations @ Doctor (Starting 07/31/07 instillations will be performed by self at home - Wish me luck!)
      -20cc Lidocaine 2% Plain
      -2cc Sodium Bicarbonate 8.4%
      -1cc Heparin (10,000 units/cc)

Comment

I think it would be okay too, but if you have any doubts, (or just want the "official" word on it, you could always call a 24 hr pharmacy like Walgreens and ask the Pharmacist. If he/she agrees and you need to dry them off, you might try putting them in a bowl and using the blow dryer on the "Cold" setting to dry them off. I have used it before when a med got wet and it worked great!

One more thing, if you are unsure if you found all of them or not, it might be a good idea to go ahead and do a pill count to subtract the amount you have from the amount you are suppossed to have taken so far this month. Just a thought!

Good luck!

Hugs,
        Amy

Comment

Working...
        X