Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! My IC Uro said it can take a year for Elmiron to work fully......and even then we have to be careful not to return to where we were. Once you stop Elmiron you go back to the 'bad ol'days'. So just be careful what you eat.....ketchup has ssooo many bad things in it for IC'ers.
    Also......sex is a sure fire flare for me......sad to say.
    I wish you luck......hope things get better for you! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    That is absolutely how it happened for me. I would go longer and longer between flares and then the flares themselves would be less intense and didn't last as long. But, each time I flared I panicked b/c I was sure it meant the good days were over.

If you're anything like I was, the good times will stretch further and further and further. I think it's a very good sign that you felt so good for those ten days - try to hang on to that hope.

Leave a comment:

• dmarie
    started a topic Is this working...need input!

Is this working...need input!

I've been taking Elmiron for almost 5 months. I recently experienced the best ten days since symptom onset (Jul '06). I was so thrilled...thinking....woo hoo it is finally working. Then I decided to be brave (or stupid) and put 4 tiny drops of ketchup on my hamburger....and BAM...pain and frequency returned. It calmed down by the next day but not to the point where I had been. I am also a few days away from starting my period (which always makes me flare) and I had sex last night. Today is not too great! I guess I'm feeling discouraged because I was hoping that once Elmiron started working and I felt better...I 'd continue to feel better. For those that Elmiron truly worked for....is this typical...to have some good days and then some bad days before truly feeling great most of the time? I feel like if I reach the 6 month point, and I'm not asymptomatic, Elmiron will be a lost cause. I'm beginning to panic!!!!!

Dawn
Working...
X