Advil And Elmiron????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advil And Elmiron????

IS IT SAFE TO TAKE ADVIL WHILE ON ELMIRON? THE PRESCRIPTION INFO SEEMED TO ADVISE AGAINST IT, STATING THAT BOTH HAVE A BLOOD THINNING
    AFFECT, HOWEVER, I HAVE NOTICED THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE TAKING IT. IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT HELPS ME FOR MENSTRUAL CRAMPS, BUT I WILL ALSO ASK MY DOC.
    gWEN

Advil

It probably depends on how much Advil you are taking and how your body reacts to Elmiron? If you are concerned ask your Doc for a prothrombin test which tells how fast your blood clots.
    Most people do not have problems with Elmiron thining their blood, I take 6 a day and just had surgery; my clot time was normal.
    I am just surprised the Advil does not give you bladder symptoms? I found it to be a bladder irritant.
    Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
    Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

advil

I've been off Elmiron for 34 days now...
      and I am still afraid to take Advil.

I quit it due to hair loss...and I don't want to thin my blood out anymore with the advil.
      Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
      Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
      search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
      AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
      Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
      PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

Blood

What makes you think your blood is thinning or too thin? A coagulation test is a simple, cheap test, if you are concerned ask your Doc to do one?
        Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
        Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

My pain pill have advil mix in it, so I have to watch how many Advil I take during the day to keep my bladder from hurting.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

Per my pharmacist, its OK to take an occasional Advil while on Elmiron barring any blood clotting issue. Like mentioned, ask your Dr to do a coagulation test; it should be done 1-2x/year while taking Elmiron (per my URO and UROGYN).

If you have any questions by all means contact your DR.
            Take care
            D
            (\__/)
            (o.O )
            (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Advil can bother some people's IC. Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but I've reserved it for headaches only now. For the IC/back pains I take darvocets because otc meds weren't touching it. Tylenol and Aleve have never helped me with headaches, but advil does. Just be careful with it - and read all the ingredients in anything like that you buy. It can have additives that are also irritants.

Comment

Working...
              X