Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoldSeals
    replied
    If I remember right elmiron has blood thinning characteristics.I remember discontinuing the elmiron right before my biopsy was done.I was told to get off of it before the biopsy.Also I believe I had to stop my Lipitor too because it also is an anticoagulant.Ic seems to cause the bladder to bleed by itself.You may need to check with your doctor about that.

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Blood in Urine

I always have microscopic blood in urine, before Elmiron and now. It runs trace to plus 1. My Uro says a majorityof ICers run trace blood in their urine with no infections.

Leave a comment:

• kepage5
    replied
    Yes!! The same thing happened to me, and my doctor did not know that elmiron can cause this, I had to go through tests, colonoscopy, etc for nothing! because it was the elmiron!! You should still go to the doctor but you should know this, I was a little annoyed when they figured it out, hopefully it will be nothing serious!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I agree that you need to talk with your doctor. It sounds very much like you could have an infection.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    I would definitly call the dr. Sounds like you have a uti, I doubt the blood is caused from the Elmiron. Roxie

Leave a comment:

• jillyg5661
    replied
    I would call the Dr. and ask them.

Leave a comment:

• jimboy435
    started a topic Elimiron & blood in urine?

Elimiron & blood in urine?

Hello all. I was diagnosed with IC on May 17th after hydrodistention. Have been on Elmiron for a week and started to notice blood in Urine. Its not always..only somtimes..

Anyone had similar experience or I should go back to my doc?
Working...
X