Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceblink_Luck
    replied
    I usually get mine within the first 2 weeks of the month, but it came REAL late last month and we're in week 3 of July...urg...

Leave a comment:

• mimimama
    replied
    Ok, So I've been on Elmiron for 3 weeks now and my main complaint is that i am battling hot flashes..I know it's the med cuz nothing else has changed. I am only 31 so I HOPE it's not early menopause. My period is also LATE! I am like clockwork normally.

So, here is my question, what effect does Elmiron have on Estrogen/Progesterone? Does anyone have any idea? I would really appreciate any feedback from you guys. (you're all my panel of experts )

Leave a comment:

• Iceblink_Luck
    replied
    I'm not seeing too much of a difference with Elmiron. But it'll be a while before I can see a Doctor. I might look into other treatments...as well as something to deal with the urgency and pain...

Leave a comment:

• judyblue
    replied
    I had a period the week before I started Elmiron. During the 5 weeks I was on the medication, I had 2 more! I also started having regular severe hot flashes (whereas I was only having occasional mild ones before). And I was one of the people that had hair shedding. Definite hormonal problems on this medication.

I got off Elmiron and on to flax seed and eventually to soy when I could tolerate it. Now, all is right with the world again.

Leave a comment:

• jubejube
    replied
    I wonder if it could have been just stress-related, or a change to your system, starting a new medication?
    Glad to hear that it came and everything is ok

Leave a comment:

• Iceblink_Luck
    replied
    Thanks.

I did end up getting it, just late this month. No, there is no way I can be pregnant. I'm not sexually active...

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    I've been on Elmiron for about three years now and not had it stop my period. I agree that you should get checked. It may only be stress or something. When I was a senior in high school, I had that happen. I had my first trip to the gyno and they did an ultrasound just to make sure I didn't have a cyst or anything. Pregnancy was completely not an option at that point.

Leave a comment:

• massagedoula
    replied
    My period is actually heavier on Elmiron. Probably due to the mild blood thinning properties. I think that you should get a checkup to see why you may not be having your period. Sometimes it can stop during times of great stress, physical or mental...Or you could be pregnant?!

Leave a comment:

• Iceblink_Luck
    started a topic Elmiron and your period?

Elmiron and your period?

Yeah, not the most "user friendly" topic, but can this medication stop you from getting it? Since I've been on it, I haven't gotten it...
Working...
X