X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• born2swim
    replied
    Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    Instead of taking it an hour before eating, you might try taking it two hours after eating --- that might help.

Donna
    Those are my instructions for it... take it an hour before eating and take it two hours after... and that's what I've been doing...

I wonder if one food may be more calming than another on the stomach regarding Elmiron (or meds in general).

Leave a comment:

• Tammy321
    replied
    acid reflux

I take elmiron 2 pills in the morning, 2 pills at night. They make my acid reflux flare like crazy sometimes but I take my aciphex pill with my elmiron in the morning and at night and it seems to calm it down within 20 min.

Leave a comment:

• Eccles
    replied
    I had to give it up just as it began to work because of the ghastly effects on my bowels.

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    Nausea can be a side affect of elmiron, with or without the capsule.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Instead of taking it an hour before eating, you might try taking it two hours after eating --- that might help.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldSeals View Post
    Hey borntoswim,
    Try taking the elmiron out of the capsule.The gel from the capsules used to give me the same problem.
    GoldSeals
    Oh, I forgot to mention that. I can't swallow pills, so I have been taking it out of the capsules and drinking it with water. The irritation isn't terrible, but noticeable. I would have taken tums after, but we're not supposed to take anything with it other than water...

Leave a comment:

• GoldSeals
    replied
    Hey borntoswim,
    Try taking the elmiron out of the capsule.The gel from the capsules used to give me the same problem.
    GoldSeals

Leave a comment:

• izazen
    replied
    The homeopathic remedy "nux vomica" is great for indigestion. Just be sure to get a top quality brand name.

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    started a topic Upset Stomach?

Upset Stomach?

Does Elmiron upset your stomach?

I open the capsule and take it with a tall glass of water but I find that I feel sick for a couple of hours after. That, on top of bruising, my doctor said to cut back to just 2 doses a day.

I'm just wondering if others feel that Elmiron is irritating or upsetting their stomachs...

Thanks!
Working...
X