Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have Elmiron work fast?

Hi,

I have only been on Elmiron since April, but within the last month it seems my symptoms are getting better and better. I am also on Ditropan 3 times a day. Is it possible that the Elmiron is working already? Or am I going in my own remission???? Honestly after the first two weeks on Ditropan and Elmiron my pain in my ab. went away - well the tight feeling. I have a tad bit of burning still but nothing compared to what I was having over the last year...could I have found my "cure"???? Or is this a mini remission?

Everyone is differant when it comes to medicines, It could be possible, but from what I gather it usually takes up to 6 months to a year. But hey you could of got lucky
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

you may very well be feeling better with the Elmiron this quickly. I am happy to hear you are doing well..
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I just hope you continue to feel better.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

its working

it worked quick for me too....like 3 months!
          i could even drink beer on it!!
          unfortunatley..my hair started to fall out...so i had to quit it
          Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
          Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
          search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
          AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
          Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
          PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

If you started ditropan and elmiron at the same time, it's hard to day what's making you feel better. Elmiron typically takes months to work. My guess is that it's a combination...the ditropan is relaxing your muscles and that might be playing a big role in your feeling better.
            mom_in_ma

Comment

elmiron started working early for me too around 2 months, and I am still at practically no symptoms and each day I can tell a difference, but I still watch the diet. I have now been on the elmiron 6.5 months. Hope whatever you are doing keeps on working
              Onset of symtoms November 1, 2006

Diagnosed December 8, 2006 with cysto/hydrodistention... Gradual relief with elmiron around month two, keep feeling better and better. and then remission

2008 Update...still in remission

Diagnosis: IC
              Meds: Elmiron 300mg/day, hydroxyzine 25 mg 1x/day

Myspace: Add me! Im always looking make new IC friends. http://www.myspace.com/45171133

Comment

I began to notice a difference at 2-3 months and then at 6 months noticed a very big difference. It honestly has helped me feel better and better the longer I've been on it.
                Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I started feeling better pretty quickly on it too. Think it started kicking in around 3 months for me.
                  hugs,
                  Janie

Comment

I've been on it for almost 2 months and it's starting to help. I guess everyone is different...

Comment

I talked to a girl on another msg board and she said it helped her within days! Wow! I also spoke to another girl who said it took only a month. I just started taking it on Monday so, so far I haven't noticed a darn thing. I think I have a slightly mild case so I am really hopeful that it will work for me. I pray for it to. I am so sick of the feeling of having to pee 24/7!

Carolynyeo - update us on how you are feeling?!
                      Diagnosed: 07/11/07 after Cystoscopy - mild case of IC, I also have PCOS.

Medicines:

Elavil 25 mg - 2 x a day
                      Elmiron 100 mg/3 x a day
                      Macrobid - after sexytime
                      Pyridium - as needed - it helps!
                      metformin - for PCOS

Stopped taking: Detrol LA 5 mg and Vesicare 10mg

Comment

took me about 3-4months, then the longer I was on it the better I felt. Hope you continue to feel better!!!!

Comment

I think it took me almost the whole 6 months (its been awhile since I started taking it --1997) but it helps along with the other things that I have tried in the past- including the Vesicare that I just started a few months ago.
                          Whatever it is for you whether its just the Elmiron or the comb. of your medicines, I hope you continue to feel better.

Comment

quick

it worked quick for me..
                            like within 2 weeks..i started to feel better

unfortunatley, by 2 months
                            my hair began to fall out
                            so i stopped it

having much luck w/ CYSTOPROTEK
                            Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
                            Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
                            search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
                            AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
                            Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
                            PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

Elmiron

Hi - update...

Had some burning recently but I think it is because I went on the birth control pill 10 days ago...I think I am having a slight increase in IC due to that. But besides that the Elmiron and Ditropan are working wonderfully. I believe the Ditropan is what took away my pressure.

Comment

Working...
                              X