Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfe
    replied
    When I started Elmiron years ago, I had been doing heparin installations 3x a week for a couple of months. So that might be why it started working really quickly for me, but in about a month I felt like a brand new person. I hope it does the same for you!

(I discontinued the Heparin because I kept getting bladder infections, which were causing flares, making the whole process pretty pointless.)

Leave a comment:

• justice4j
    replied
    I'm uninsurable because of pre - existing diseases. So, I can't switch ins cos. Jan

Leave a comment:

• carolynyeo
    replied
    Costs

My company use to be with Blue Cross but now we are with Dejardans. Wow I can't believe it is that much even with health ins.. I am with government so I pay around 14 dollars for a months worth....Is there any other plans that would give you more back?

Leave a comment:

• justice4j
    replied
    amartaingirl,
    I'm going to try to wean off Elmiron and do CystoProtek. The only reason is I can't afford (with Blue Cross Rx Benefit included!) the $250 monthly for 180 caps of Elmiron. I take 300 mg X2 per day.

Canadian pharmacies aren't cost effective because of the amount of Elmiron I take. So, I'm hoping to get by with at least a reduced dose of Elmiron. I have a hideous balance at the pharmacy.

Hope you get this and reply. Jan

Leave a comment:

• carolynyeo
    replied
    Elmiron

Hi - update...

Had some burning recently but I think it is because I went on the birth control pill 10 days ago...I think I am having a slight increase in IC due to that. But besides that the Elmiron and Ditropan are working wonderfully. I believe the Ditropan is what took away my pressure.

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    quick

it worked quick for me..
    like within 2 weeks..i started to feel better

unfortunatley, by 2 months
    my hair began to fall out
    so i stopped it

having much luck w/ CYSTOPROTEK

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I think it took me almost the whole 6 months (its been awhile since I started taking it --1997) but it helps along with the other things that I have tried in the past- including the Vesicare that I just started a few months ago.
    Whatever it is for you whether its just the Elmiron or the comb. of your medicines, I hope you continue to feel better.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    took me about 3-4months, then the longer I was on it the better I felt. Hope you continue to feel better!!!!

Leave a comment:

• colleenco
    replied
    I talked to a girl on another msg board and she said it helped her within days! Wow! I also spoke to another girl who said it took only a month. I just started taking it on Monday so, so far I haven't noticed a darn thing. I think I have a slightly mild case so I am really hopeful that it will work for me. I pray for it to. I am so sick of the feeling of having to pee 24/7!

Carolynyeo - update us on how you are feeling?!

Leave a comment:

• Iceblink_Luck
    replied
    I've been on it for almost 2 months and it's starting to help. I guess everyone is different...

Leave a comment:

• Janie Miranda
    replied
    I started feeling better pretty quickly on it too. Think it started kicking in around 3 months for me.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    I began to notice a difference at 2-3 months and then at 6 months noticed a very big difference. It honestly has helped me feel better and better the longer I've been on it.

Leave a comment:

• BAM23
    replied
    elmiron started working early for me too around 2 months, and I am still at practically no symptoms and each day I can tell a difference, but I still watch the diet. I have now been on the elmiron 6.5 months. Hope whatever you are doing keeps on working

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    If you started ditropan and elmiron at the same time, it's hard to day what's making you feel better. Elmiron typically takes months to work. My guess is that it's a combination...the ditropan is relaxing your muscles and that might be playing a big role in your feeling better.

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    its working

it worked quick for me too....like 3 months!
    i could even drink beer on it!!
    unfortunatley..my hair started to fall out...so i had to quit it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X