X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NelleK
    replied
    I think I found my answer and for any others considering Marshmellow Root:

Marshmallow tea acts by coating the stomach lining with its gel-like substance and this will delay absorption into the system of other drugs. A safe course of action is to take marshmallow tea two hours before or after other medications.

Read more: Marshmallow Root Tea Side Effects | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5534294_ma...#ixzz19cJhh3JL

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    My hub drinks marshmallow root tea all day long and it does not interfere with his multiple meds (one being antidepressant), don't know about Elmiron, he does not take anymore. Can't imagine it would hurt you, but why not call your pharmacist or manufacturer and ask? Would be good info for everyone here. By the way, the tea soothes his bladder quite a bit. Good luck! Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• needsrelief
    replied
    the internet is a great source to see what marshmallow root would interfer with. I took marshmallow root capsules and tinctures they didnt work for me. However, recently I found that quercitin (which is a popular IC supplement) may interfer with some estrogens. I just started birth control pills so I stopped taking the quercitin just to be safe. I got this off the web. you dr may be able to advise you also. But I think that alot of IC'ers use marshmallow root with there other treatments quite often

Leave a comment:

• NelleK
    started a topic Elmiron and marshmellow root?

Elmiron and marshmellow root?

Hi,

In my IC support group, many have stated great relief with marshmellow root even those that have no sucess with Elmiron.

I am going into my third month of Elmiron but I really also want to add marshmellow root as a supplement. However, I have heard that marshmellow root can delay or interfere with other drugs.

Is anyone on both marshmellow root and Elmiron? Do you think I could space them apart during the day? I am on Elmiron 3X currently....
Working...
X