Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Elmiron help with painfull intercourse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmclien
    replied
    Sometimes intercourse is painful for me or the 24 hours following but I definitely only feel it in my bladder and the urgency frequency gets much worse. I would think if it radiates up your back it could be partially something else too like some of the other posters have mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• CheshireKat
    replied
    Intercourse is very painful for me. I've been taking Elmiron for about 7 months now and it really hasn't made a difference I wish it did though...It's awful!

Leave a comment:

• meResque
    replied
    Just another post in support of pelvic floor therapy! My physical therapist saved my life!

Leave a comment:

• Mytita
    replied
    Originally posted by SFGirl View Post
    Painful intercouse can also be a result of pelvic floor dysfunction. If you have been suffering from pain in your lower abdomen or pelvic floor, it could need to tightening and shortening of your pelvic floor muscles over the years. It might be worth getting that checked out and seek a second opinion if you need to, not all doctors are qualified in diagnosing that.
    The only thing that has helped me with that is pelvic floor physical therapy! And yes, it is worth the work and money and embarrassment!

Leave a comment:

• SFGirl
    replied
    Painful intercouse can also be a result of pelvic floor dysfunction. If you have been suffering from pain in your lower abdomen or pelvic floor, it could need to tightening and shortening of your pelvic floor muscles over the years. It might be worth getting that checked out and seek a second opinion if you need to, not all doctors are qualified in diagnosing that.

Leave a comment:

• needsrelief
    replied
    yes, I was officially diagnosed in 2009. Although I have been having symptoms since 2006. Its possible painfull intercourse could be from endometriosis also. Its kinda hard to tell at this point

Leave a comment:

• Sarah85
    replied
    Hi there! I can't really answer the question about Elmiron and painful intercourse. I personally haven't heard of it being linked to making intercourse easier. Maybe someone else might know something I don't? Elmiron is specifically for IC and helps provide a protective coating for the bladder. Have you had a potassium sensitivity test or cystoscopy to diagnose you with IC?

Leave a comment:

• needsrelief
    started a topic Does Elmiron help with painfull intercourse?

Does Elmiron help with painfull intercourse?

Im trying birth control to see if my painfull intercourse is coming from endo. Its a 3 month waiting period to see. But my gyn really thinks its coming from my bladder and suggested that I started elmiron right away. Its a deep pain like a punching pain and it radiates down my lower back. -thanks
Working...
X