X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purpleviolet
    replied
    poll

I had a poll on this below and it never stayed up top where polls should be! Cystoprotek did not do anything for me & I'll see what elmiron does. I don't think they are the same - different composition and side effects.

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    I took two years of Elmiron, followed by a year of taking no meds, then for the past three years I've been taking CystoProtek.

Both Elmiron and CystoProtek seem to produce identical results for me.

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Thanks for responding. I was thinking it would probably be ok to take both as they don't duplicate each other. I mean they both are supposed to help with re-building the bladder lining but they do it differently. My UG had never heard of cystoprotek but I showed him the bottle and he thought all the ingredients were fine. I guess I will ask to try the Elmiron. I've been paranoid about hair loss but I have read its a rare side effect. I have been taking the aloe vera too probably for as long as the cystoprotek, so about a year. I think it helps with inflammation and it has probably helped with some VV symptoms I was having. It all really adds up in cost, especially the aloe vera if you take more then the 6 a day.

Leave a comment:

• CGrace
    replied
    Hi! I am actually on both right now, along with Desert Harvest Aloe. I was on Elmiron first a long time ago for almost a year. I added CystoProtek, and about 4 months later my frequency improved. I had to drop the Elmiron due to cost. I've been doing PT and bladder instillations that I feel have helped things heal overall. I alson remained on CystoProtek. I have definitely improved from when this all began, but still struggle with symptoms, so I recently was able to go back on Elmiron and added Desert Harvest Aloe. The past few weeks, I've had a bit of improvement in symptoms, so I'm hoping the combination is the source of improvement. Sorry it's a complicated answer. I had improvement with the CystoProtek, but since I still had significant symptoms, I wanted more improvement. That is why I decided to add the Elmiron and Aloe.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I'm hoping someone sees this. I will be seeing my UG on Monday and am trying to decide if I should ask for Elmiron or not.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    started a topic Elmiron vs Cystoprotek - want your opinion

Elmiron vs Cystoprotek - want your opinion

So have any of you tried both and compared? I wish there was a study out there to actually compare success of both of these products. Can you take both?

I am currently taking cystoprotek, have been for about a year. I didn't think it was doing much but when I cut back on it I did get worse symptoms so now I'm sticking to my 2 twice a day.
    Is elmiron a ton better? is it worth switching to it? would love your opinions if you've tried both.
Working...
X