Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwynne
    replied
    Saradep - I am facing the same problem with my BCBS insurance. How did you get them to cover it? Did it just take a note or call from your doctor? I would appreciate any assistance you could give!

Leave a comment:

• purpleviolet
    replied
    Try elmiron while it is cheap. I just lost my prescription insurance and now I have to try to get it from Canada and it is still $200/mo. So take advantage of what you got because you never know.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I've been using Elmiron for over a year and feel normal almost all the time now. I have had some minor digestive issues, but I had those before I started the drug, so who knows? Anyway, it's a miracle and it works great! So at the very least try it for 6 months!

Leave a comment:

• 4realtho
    replied
    I started the elmiron on the same day that cindi did and I noticed that it hurt my bladder worse. I tried the cystoprotek and with in that day of taking cystoprotek I felt a difference. I might try the elmiron again soon to see if it still hurts or if it was something else.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Thats excellent news! I have to pay 120/mo. I would definitely try elmiron first or you can actually do both, they are not the same. I have been on cystoprotek for a year and it hasn't helped me. The elmiron I've been on 3 weeks and I can already tell its helping because I can eat more things I haven't been able to eat for the last 6 months, I"m feeling pretty hopeful now

They both can cause stomach upset. I've read you can empty the elmiron contents into water and just drink it as the capsule seems to be the irritant. I take omeprazole with my dose and it takes care of any stomach upset. It can cause diarhea in some though I have not had that particular side effect. If you do, you can increase your calcium intake. It did give me a headache for a couple of weeks which finally seems to be gone. It wasn't a severe headache, aleve got rid of it. Other then that I personally haven't experienced any other side effects. I am very sensitive to meds and usually get even the rarest of side effects but so far those are the only 2 I've had.

My question would be why not try it? You might be one it really helps. It helps 40-50% of those who take it.

Good luck!
    Last edited by cmclien; 03-22-2011, 08:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    One important thing to remember is that if you do have any side effects, the side effects usually disappear when the medication is stopped. Elmiron gave me a non stop headache --- the headache disappeared within 48 hours of discontinuing the medication.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• saradep
    started a topic I'm so confused!! elmiron or cystoprotek

I'm so confused!! elmiron or cystoprotek

I'm so confused! I finally got my elmiron approved by bc/bs and it went from they weren't going to cover it, which meant 350.00 a month to now only a 30.00 copay. I'm just so scared of any side effects i may get. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much
Working...
X