Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmclien
    replied
    Some of that should go away in a few weeks as you take it. The first couple weeks it gave me a headache and I wouldn't say it made me fatigued but a couple hours after I took it I almost felt like I had low blood sugar. I even posted on it to see if it was just me but others mentioned it too. I got jittery, shakey etc. Now I make sure to eat some protein an hour after I take it. Both of those side effects are gone now. The only side effect I still have it a little light headedness after standing from a squatting postition.

Leave a comment:

• carole
    replied
    In my case I believe it is the Elmiron. I have had IC for two years and not felt fatigue to this extent before. This exhaustion has only been for the last 3 days which was when I started the Elmiron.

Leave a comment:

replied
    It's not the Elmiron. Your body is exhausted from the pain and suffering. Remember you may feel like this for months before the Elmiron has a chance to work. Give it some time before you give up.

Leave a comment:

• carole
    replied
    Originally posted by hworkman View Post
    Does Elmiron make anyone else tired? I have only been on it for 2 months, and I have no motivation and I could sleep 24/7.

heather
    I have only been on Elmiron for three days but it is causing fatigue in me also. I just chalked it up to my body adjusting to it. I have no other side effects other than feeling kind of out of it or drugged. I am hoping this will go away as my body adjusts to it. I really want this drug to help me.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I don't feel fatigued from elmiron, been on it almost a month now. I did feel very fatigued on both nortriptyline and norflex, probably because I don't sleep well when I'm on them.

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    I suffer from fatigue as well but I don't think it has anything to do with the elmiron. Pain, stress and suffering from a chronic disease can all cause fatigue and depression. Sometimes fatigue is a sign of depression and with IC it is easy to get depressed.

Leave a comment:

• Star B.
    replied
    I've been debating taking Elmiron. I have to say though, with all of the IC pain, I feel constantly fatigued anyway. Did you feel this way before the Elmiron?

Leave a comment:

• statesboro
    replied
    I do know many IC'ers, including me, claim to be tired more often. I have never read anything about Elmiron being the cause of it. Of course, I was told CFS a while back. Oh! I also deal with degenerative disc disease and have been known to take many naps. Yep! I can skip Elmiron and not get more energy all of a sudden. Oh! I don't have all the pain with IC, but all the neck, shoulder, and back pain don't give me any extra energy and/or motivation at all.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Pain/discomfort is one thing that can cause extreme fatigue.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• hworkman
    started a topic Fatigued!!

Fatigued!!

Does Elmiron make anyone else tired? I have only been on it for 2 months, and I have no motivation and I could sleep 24/7.

heather
Working...
X