What was the first sign you knew elmiron was working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the first sign you knew elmiron was working

I've been on elmiron for about a month and a half. My bladder does not hurt, but I have a pulling feeling in a trinangle shape in my lower abdoman. Does this sound like it is working?

I just started it, I was told it can take several months to start working. My pain today is like a pin sticking sensation....
    IC diagnosis 3 weeks ago.
    Vesicare 10 mg once daily
    IBS and Gerd-Zegerid
    IC diet
    Elmiron 100 mg three daily
    Hydroxyzine 25 mg at night
    Amitriptyline 10mg at night
    Diovan 60/12.5 daily
    Topral 50 mg daily
    Zoloft 100 mg at night
    Klonopin .5 twice daily

Comment

Elmiron

I have been on elmiron about 6 months now. I was having pains in my upper thighs during a flare. These stopped after about 3 months. I was also in so much pain that I could barely turn over in bed. This also improved greatly..I still have pain after urination but less than it was. Most days it's more soreness than actual pain. I'm hoping that I will continue to improve as I still have symptoms daily. I do think elmiron has been worth the wait.

Comment

I started to have more good days than bad... felt good for 2.5 weeks then bad for a week (which is what is happeing now).. Just hoping that I continue to feel more good days as it starts working more.
        28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Working...
        X