X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wantittostop
    replied
    Thank You

Thanks to everyone's helpful hints, last night I felt like I should go to the emergency room the burning was so bad. This morning so far the burning is moderate but now have pelvic pain.

Leave a comment:

• sabstory
    replied
    Dr. Teals has some awesome Lavender Epsom Salts, and Spearmint. I love that stuff. It is the best for pain. My husband loves it for muscle aches when he works 12 hour shifts. Good suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    Had forgotten to mention the epsom salts and baking soda baths. They did help a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Hi! I have had off and on burning too..especially after sex at first. Now I dont have burning at all except for when I am drinking or eating something that bugs me. I realized even the water I was drinking was too acidic, and I switched immediatley. This decreasd the burning even further. The water I drink now has a PH of 7.8.
    I cant say for everyone that the burning will stop, but I know for me, as I gave up things like coffee, tea, bread and sugar, and stuck to straight veggies, whole grains and a little bit of meat, the burning nearly stopped all together. I think its more about finding what works for your body. I know when I used to get burning I would sit in a bath with epsom salts or sometimes baking soda. Seemed to help ALOT. Hope you feel better.

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    The burning feeling used to drive me crazy. It's such an awful feeling, and so distracting it makes it hard to even think straight. I tried several things and got many tips from reading all the posts on here on what other people have tried. For just hollistic remedies I used ice packs when the burning was bad, moist heat when it felt like cramps, camomile tea when I felt the bladder was spasming, pure vitamin E oil everywhere in the genital area including around the urethra, and Quercitin and Hyaluronic acid capsules twice a day. I also started on a compounded Estriol vaginal cream since I am post menopause. Quercitin and Hyaluronic acid are two ingredients found in Cystoprotek but I take them as individual supplements. I feel the Quercitin has made a difference for sure. Overall now my bladder feels very happy and have not had any burning for quite a few weeks. I also eliminated coffee, black tea, alcohol, and citrus but didn't see a positive effect from this until about the 3rd month of eliminating these. Not sure if these natural approaches were the only thing helping though, as I do take Benadryl every other day and also a very small amount of trimipramine every two or three days.

Leave a comment:

• Mc2203
    replied
    Hi. I know what you mean about the burning starting in the morning after you urinate. So far I only have the burning when Im in a bad flare but its the worst!! My bladder has calmed down a bit lately- I take cystoprotek & azo standard when its at it's worst. I usually have terrible burning during and after intercourse but I just did the deed for the first time since my last bad flare & so far touch wood- no burning! Also I find camomile tea really soothing.

Feel better soon, Sarah

Leave a comment:

• wantittostop
    started a topic When Will The Burning Stop

When Will The Burning Stop

I am newly diagnosed with IC. I have only been on Elmiron and Urelle for 10 days. I know you have to be patient with Elmiron but why can't I get any relief for the burning? I have been following the IC diet guidelines. I can sleep fine thru the night but once I wake up and urinate for the 1st time in the morning the burning starts full force and lasts all day. Has anyone tried and hollistic healing approaches?
Working...
X