Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brenda54
    replied
    I have been on Elmiron for about two weeks and all of a sudden my Asthma has gotten worst.Has anyone with Asthma notice a change.I have been good for the past year,now my chest is tight and coughing!

Leave a comment:

• liznazz
    replied
    I have been on elmiron since april 2004. I have a sensitive stomach but have had absolutely NO side effects w/elmiron. It has been my saving grace for IC.

Leave a comment:

• pebble
    replied
    Originally posted by So Frustrated View Post
    Hello,

I just took my first dose of Elmiron this morning. It's been a couple hours. I realize this will most likely do nothing for quite some time (months) if it works, but I am kind of happy I am not experiencing any GI problems so far. Also no dizzyness, nausea, etc.

I am hopeful that this would have occured after the initial dose and not after a few. Am I wrong here? Did it take some time before side effects were realized (excluding hair loss). I am already balding and don't really care about that.

One of my biggest fears is that it could be beneficial, but I wouldn't be able to tolerate it since I am sensitive to many meds.

Please let me know some of your side effect experiences and how long after you started taking it before you noticed them. And if they subsided after a while of taking it.

Thank you.
    We're in the same boat! I picked up my Elmiron prescription yesterday. I'm legitimately nervous to start it..when I think of every medicine I've ever been on, this is definitely in a category all on it's own. I'm a bit scared of the side effects.

I also worry that while it might help, I won't tolerate it well. I tried so many anti-depressants that would cause terrible dizziness a month or so after starting them, until I finally switched to Wellbutrin. I hope I will at least have time to see the positive effects of Elmiron before any problems with tolerating it emerge, should I have any problems. I'd hate for the one and only prescription medicine for IC not sit well with me. let me know how the next few days go! I think I will start taking it tomorrow..

Leave a comment:

• IC4MEN2
    replied
    For me side effects are minimal and the benefit is great.

Leave a comment:

• Gardengirl2
    replied
    I have been on Elmiron for a few years and have had no side effects at all.

Leave a comment:

• greeneyes
    replied
    I take 200 mg daily and have had no side effects either...

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I have been taking Elmiron since 1997 when it first came out. Obviously it has help me. I do have a little bit of gastro problems but nothing major. At first I started taking 300 mgs daily, now at 600mg.

Leave a comment:

• So Frustrated
    replied
    Thanks Cindy-Lou. 3 doses in (2 capsules twice a day) and no noticeable side effects. No benefits yet of course, but obviously it will take time to see any if there are any.

For a $20 copay a month, I'm giving it a try for a while I guess. If it works, it's definitely gonna make my job and insurance a lot more valuable in the long run. Unless it goes generic one day and becomes a lot more affordable.

Leave a comment:

• Cindy-Lou
    replied
    Hello I've been on elmiron going on 8 months and I can't stand it. I have bad gastro side effects and feel sick. I can't say that it's helping IC symptoms either but I have been stressed a lot too so that's not helping. I plan on asking my uro for other options at my next appointment.
    Having said all that there are a lot of success stories so hang in there and keep a positive attitude it just may be your answer.
    Good Luck - keep us posted!

Leave a comment:

• Kita
    replied
    My daughter has upped her elmiron dosage from 2 a day to 3 a day and is getting extreme stomach pain (burning, acid) in stomach. It comes and goes. Is this a side effect of elmiron?

Leave a comment:

• So Frustrated
    replied
    That's helpful

Thanks! Now I just hope it works after a while. And I never lose my insurance before it becomes an afforadable generic. At around $500/month out of pocket, there isn't much of a chance of me taking it. I hope it goes generic and multi source when it does or the generic will only be about 20% less for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I had gastro side effects from day one. I tried all the suggested ways of taking it.

I took it for 3 mons, side effects never got any better, so I had to give up on it.

Side effects were worse than IC, and made IC symptoms worse.

I wish you the best of luck with it, I really wanted it to work for me.

MG

Leave a comment:

• So Frustrated
    started a topic Side Effects?

Side Effects?

Hello,

I just took my first dose of Elmiron this morning. It's been a couple hours. I realize this will most likely do nothing for quite some time (months) if it works, but I am kind of happy I am not experiencing any GI problems so far. Also no dizzyness, nausea, etc.

I am hopeful that this would have occured after the initial dose and not after a few. Am I wrong here? Did it take some time before side effects were realized (excluding hair loss). I am already balding and don't really care about that.

One of my biggest fears is that it could be beneficial, but I wouldn't be able to tolerate it since I am sensitive to many meds.

Please let me know some of your side effect experiences and how long after you started taking it before you noticed them. And if they subsided after a while of taking it.

Thank you.
Working...
X