Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QueenMellyBee
    replied
    I would suggest getting some Uristat or Pyridium for the burning. Something of that nature (or stronger with a Rx) is the only thing that has helped my urethral burning when I had it.

Elmiron is more for coating the bladder and mucousa lining in general....... it has to take a while to form a coat that will make any difference to you NOW.

Leave a comment:

• sshew52
    replied
    Thanks for replying. I am being good with the diet. Only drinking water or camomile tea today and yesterday. Hoping to get some relief. I also tried the vitamin E. This is really overwhelming dealing with the changes and all the pain and discomfort

Sue

Leave a comment:

• dyno
    replied
    It can take 6 months or longer to see if the Elmiron is going to help you. Some people say ice packs will help the burning. It is just going to take time to find what works for you. Hang in there! Hugs.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Hey I had the urethra burning as well.... I used to put vitamine E on it when I was having burning. After awhile of being really good on the diet that symptom went away for the most part. I still get it now and then.. but it never ussually lasts long. The elmiron i'm pretty sure is what is helping the most but then it took 4 months to see any sort of magic. lol

Hang in there.

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• sshew52
    started a topic Elmiron for 4 days

Elmiron for 4 days

I was on vesicare for a week but didn't get much relief. so I started the Elmiron. I thought it was working I know on my bladder but the urethra burning is just terrible still. Does that go away eventually once you are on the elmiron for a while? Is there something that will take the burning away?

Thanks
    Sue
Working...
X