Well, this sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this sucks.

I haven't been diagnosed with IC yet, so I might be jumping the gun here, but i just found out Elmiron is not approved in my country!! That is seriously freaking me out. So even if I have IC I won't be able to take it(unless I win the lottery and could afford to order it online)

FAIL.

Someone shoot me now.

/useless rant
    Glad I'm not you
    0.00%
    Its Not the end of the world
    100.00%

There is still a chance that you can order it from different countries!!!!!!! Dont give up yet!
    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Comfora is the generic form of elmiron made in India. It may be a lot less expensive than you thought ordering it from there.

Comment

Blueshi, where are you from? I represent Swati Spentose, the company that makes Comfora, and can try to help you out in case you need any assistance.

Comment

Elmiron doesn't work for everyone. It didn't for me. Can you order Cystoprotek? I don't know what country you're in, but I buy mine from Amazon, no prescription needed.
          ----------------------
          -Amanda
          34 years old, bladder symptoms all my life
          diagnosed with PFD and VV October 2009; IC May 2010

Current meds:
          Cystoprotek 2 pills twice a day, Hydroxyzine 10 mg, Gabapentin 600 mg, Myrbetriq 25mg, Zoloft 25 mg, Mircrogestin, capsaicin cream (for vulva)
          Other past treatments:
          IC diet, physical therapy, Traumeel injections as needed, TENS unit, heating pad, instills with sodium bicarb, lidocaine, and mucosa compositum
          Tried and didn't work:
          Pyridium, Singlair, Nortriptyline, Elmiron, lidocaine and heparin instills (worked at first, then didn't anymore), various creams, acupuncture

Comment

Originally posted by earthlady View Post
            Comfora is the generic form of elmiron made in India. It may be a lot less expensive than you thought ordering it from there.
            Cool, I didn't know that, thanks!

Comment

Also, don't feel discouraged bc there are a lot of treatments available now for living with IC. I honestly don't know if Elmiron is working for me. What works is different for everyone. Stay positive and I'll send a prayer you can get your hands on some Elmiron since ican tell u real would like to try it!
              Diagnosed: 07/11/07 after Cystoscopy - mild case of IC, I also have PCOS.

Medicines:

Elavil 25 mg - 2 x a day
              Elmiron 100 mg/3 x a day
              Macrobid - after sexytime
              Pyridium - as needed - it helps!
              metformin - for PCOS

Stopped taking: Detrol LA 5 mg and Vesicare 10mg

Comment

Working...
              X