Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elmiron Shortage - Have you had any problems with the "new batch"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmiron Shortage - Have you had any problems with the "new batch"?

I had taken Elmiron for years with no side effects other than change in hair texture - drier and curlier, no hair loss. I live in California and there was an Elmiron shortage a couple of months ago. My pharmacy told me it was on "back order" and no word as when they would be making more Elmiron. I waited it out and was finally able to fill my prescription last week. To my dismay, I find I can no longer tolerate it! It makes me so sick to my stomach I quit taking it. I've ordered Cystoprotek and am hoping and praying it will work.

Has anyone else had problems with the "new batch" of Elmiron?

Have you contacted the manufacturer about this and told your Dr. the problems you are having? The only other thing I can think of is if you were off the medication anytime at all your body may have to readjust to it again.

I hope you can get it worked out soon. Hugs!
    Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

I haven't heard this myself but will pass along the question to my contact as well.

Jill
      Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Elmiron

I have also not noticed any difference with the new batch. However I never actually ran out. If you did go without, that could be the issue. I have had to stop for 5 days before and after surgery and it was AWEFUL getting used to it again. I was popping Tums like you would not believe. Try weaning yourself back on. Did you have similar problems when you began taking the Elmiron? I had a tough time getting used to it, so having to go off of it is a real pain (literally and figuratively).

Comment

I had problems the first week I took Elmiron. I found that if I drink a 16 ounce water bottle with the pill it doesn't bother my stomach.

Comment

I was off Elmiron for 2 months due to the shortage, and after starting it back up have had constant GI distress that I never had before (I had taken it for a year previous to the shortage). ~ The side effects I did have on it prior to the shortage were thinning hair and feeling like I was in a fog all of the time, kind of blunted feeling. ~ The GI distress since getting back on the Elmiron is so severe that my doctor took me off of it entirely to try to get things under control. I don't know if I am going to be able to tolerate it again. I'm afraid to try. Makes me wonder if they changed the formula when it became available again, as something seems to be different in the way my body is reacting to it.
            When the world says "give up," hope whispers "try one more time."
            Diagnosed in 2010 by cytoscopy with hydrodistention after 1+ years of searching for answers and seeing multiple physicians. Finally was referred to urogynecologist who made the diagnosis.

Medications tried, but did not work: Elmiron, Elavil, quericitin, aloe vera, cystoprotek.

Current medications/supplements: Lyrica, Ativan, Prozac, Prelief, marshmallow root, calcium plus magnesium, Ester-C -- this cocktail seems to keep me 80% plus controlled.

Diet does help too, but not without medications.

And, I drink low-acid Kava coffee without a problem.

Comment

Working...
            X