If you stop taking Elmiron...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you stop taking Elmiron...

and cleanse out your system for a period of time (days or weeks), will any possible benefits from it be lost and cause you to have to start all over and wait the 3-6 month period again? Or do you pick up where you left off when restarting?

Some of my symptoms seem to have improved slightly after about 2.5 months of Elmiron, but I'm concerned about a sudden onset of nausea that has been going on for about a week. I'm thinking it could be related to the Elmiron. Strange that it just started happening so maybe it's not related. I want to get my blood checked to make sure my liver, etc. are doing ok from all the meds I've tried over the past few months.

I'm also wondering if simply time has made things a bit better and Elmiron had nothing to do with it. Can't truly know unless I take a break. I really don't want to be on this forever for various reasons.

I'm not back to normal by any stretch, but I do find that my severity has lessened.

Just for me, often it takes 4-6 months for Elmiron to really take effect. It has helped me greatly I think. Maybe take the the enclosed out of the capsule? Might help with nausea. I've been taking Elmiron for 5 years. It seems to be scary stuff but the only FDA approved drug for IC that I know of. I wish you the best whatever you decide to do. Hugs, Ziggy

Comment

Reply:

When I stopped Elmiron, I continued to be symptom free for almost a year. I think the longer you take it, the longer it will keep working after you stop. So, if you've only taken it 2 months, I suggest giving it a little more time before you take a break. Also, definitely get blood tests done....my doctor sends me to get them done every 3 months when I'm taking Elmiron.

Good luck

Molly
      Diagnosed with IC in 2005, since then have been diagnosed with an unspecified autoimmune disease, with inflammation in my bladder, colon, left knee, left ear, left eye, lungs and pericardium. Argh!

Medical research addict.

Comment

I was on Elimiron for 2 yrs and it started to work then went down hill then when i lost my job i stopped taking it. $260 a month for a drug that stopped working asnt worth it... back to the drawing boards

Comment

Working...
        X