X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nevergiveup
    replied
    Elmiron still being distributed

I just checked their website and it says they have started distributing elmiron again. It maybe just that pharmacy where you get it from usually. Their ordering maybe different now due to that shortage. Check with other pharmacies you may have to switch to another one. Every pharmacy orders differently sometimes them themselves no longer order from a certain company or discontinuing ordering certain drugs. Good luck I know how important elmiron is to us with sensitive painful bladders. I still depend on it too.

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    replied
    I agree. It didn't help me but since there seems to be so little that helps thus horrid disease or whatever you want to call it, we need all these mess to stay on the market!!!

Leave a comment:

• valkay18
    replied
    Originally posted by Nal View Post
    Im not sure whats going on. I spoke to my current urologist today and he said its in limbo whether or not they will continue manufacturing the drug? I dont get it either. Anyone else find out anything different from their pharmacy?

Nancy
    Oh my goodness! I hope your Urologist is incorrect. I think I will lose all hope without Elmiron!! I've been on it 9 months now and am finally starting to feel better. I really hope they keep it on the market.

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    replied
    Im not sure whats going on. I spoke to my current urologist today and he said its in limbo whether or not they will continue manufacturing the drug? I dont get it either. Anyone else find out anything different from their pharmacy?

Nancy

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I have never had a problem getting this or any other medication. Sure there are times that they didn't have enough to fill my prescriptions but they always either had some for a few days or if not they would call other pharmacies for me.

Leave a comment:

• Zygala87
    replied
    I hope you are correct Donna. Terror is a good word for how I feel about it. I thought it was a glitch but they started making it again. I respect pharmacist. Often they understand meds better then Doctors. Praying this one had false information this time. Thank you all for the information. Please keep us up on any infor you get. Hug, Ziggy

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    Where do pharmacist get this information? I haven't heard anything about any problems lately either. I am just wondering about the pharmacist because I have seen this happen with other drugs as well. A manufacturing delay and people are told it is off the market. They don't realize the terror they cause some with chronic illnesses, do they?

Glad you were able to find it somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    For a time there was a manufacturing glitch, but it should be available. Hopefully very soon there will be a generic available, which will cut our costs considerably.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• landor
    replied
    elmiron

After months of struggling with a bad flare that has not responded to anything yet, my uro suggested that I go back on Elmiron (I stopped it over a year ago since I was in a remission). I went to the pharmacy and they did not have it. They found it at another pharmacy and are having it sent to them, but they told me they have been having a hard time getting it. Not sure why. And my darn insurance barely covers any of the price

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    started a topic Elmiron off the market?

Elmiron off the market?

So I was talking to my pharmacist today and he informed me that Elmiron is being taken off the market. Anyone else hear this?? If so, why?

Nancy
Working...
X