X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathleen Philli
    replied
    Try it and hope for the best

It's funny how many of these supplements contain ingredients that we have been told shold be avoided, for instance cysta-Q has cranberry powder, and an enzyme, yet many people have been helped by it. I think the best thing to do is start slowly with a small dosage, and if things go ok then gradually step it up. I have been taking cystoprotek for a few weeks now with no difficulty. It does not even bother my stomach. I'm not sure how long it takes to start to improve your IC, but I am hoping it will be sooner rather than later. In my many years of dealing with this disease, I have learned that although things can deteriorate rather suddenly, the journey back is always a slow process which is often marked with quite a few setbacks. It is difficult to to keep a positive attitude during such trying times, but patience often pays off. Do not abandon any possible treatment until you have given it a full trial.

Leave a comment:

• Momelf
    replied
    Soy lecithin is usually okay. I have trouble with soy, myself, so I think you are wise to be cautious. Soy lecithin "should" be okay. Cystoprotek has been a tremendous help to me. Well worth taking the risk, IMHO (in my humble opinion).

Darlene

Leave a comment:

• samanthajane
    replied
    cystoprotek

I purchased the cystoprotek but havent used it yet because it says it contains soy. I am very paranoid but isnt soy a no no to an IC bladder. Can anyone help.

Leave a comment:

• Momelf
    replied
    Hey, Kathleen,

I'm now using only CystroProtek and MSM ....and having great results.

Good luck!

Darlene

Leave a comment:

• Kathleen Philli
    replied
    If you look at the studies of cystoprotek on their website, their study showed a significant reduction in all symptoms including frequency and pain. I am hoping that I will have a positive experience with it. At the very least, it may be good for the joints.

Leave a comment:

• Momelf
    replied
    I usually take mine with food, but some folks have had stomach issues. Maybe take it at the end of a meal.

Can someone else answer the question about CystoProtek reducing pain?

Darlene

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I have a bottle of this stuff here at home. I just have not tried it yet. I am worried it will upset my stomach and I already have bad tummy issues. Is it known to upset the stomach? I have more of a pain issue with my IC. Does it help at all with the pain?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Momelf
    replied
    Just want to THANK YOU for this thread. You got me on CystoProtek and it's GREAT! A vast improvement in my frequency. Luckily, I've not had much pain. So I can't tell it if would help with that.

Hugs,
    Darlene

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    Does this help with vaginal problems also? Can sometimes vaginal symptoms be related to IC?

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    yes

frequency & urgeny were my biggest complaints
    with burning running a close second

yes..its all gone right now
    cross my fingers

i have never had much pain
    so i cant say how it would help w/ that

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    wow thats great news.. did it help with the urgency?

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    cant even tell

i cant even tell i have IC

Leave a comment:

• Paininthe*.*
    replied
    Do you still feel good today? Nice to hear that something worked for you so you can get some relief...and some SLEEP!

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    started a topic Cystoprotek

Cystoprotek

I just wanted to let you ladies know..that I am having MUCH LUCK W/ CYSTOPROTEK..after just 2 days.

Wow. I cannot believe it.

Quickly my Story.
    I quit Elmiron 55 days ago..due to hair loss.
    I began Aloe Vera in its place..and Elavil at nite.
    At day 41..of being off Elmiron..my hair was stilling falling out..I cried horribly...about my hair..quit the Elavil...and Immediately began to Flare.
    My doctor called in some Atarax..last sunday ! (best uro in the world)

I am began taking Atarx 50mg 1Xday
    Elavil 25mg 1xday

Still trying to get that flare under control.
    2 Weeks into the Flare...and after being awake for 4 days straight..I ordered the Cystoprotek. It just arrived yesterday. It says to take 2 pills...Twice Day. I took the 4 pills..as directed yesterday. It is about $40 for a one month supply.

Anyway, and I slept until 9am this morning! I feel great.

By the way...by day 55 of being off Elmiron..the Hair loss has pracitcally stopped. Still comming out a little..but its way way less
Working...
X