any info in regards to cystoprotek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any info in regards to cystoprotek?

Before i go and purchase myself a nifty bottle of cystoprotek I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me exactly what it helped you with? My main and only complaint is a constant feeling of having to go pee, to the point where i wake up sometimes every half hour to go sit on the toilet and half the time nothing comes out. I don't experience the common pain in the bladder i hear most ic'ers talking about. Is it really worth it to try cystoprotek or does it just help with pain? i have tried trosec (for overactive bladders) and it gave me urine retention. Did anyone experience the same thing with cystoprotek?
    currently taking:
    as of October 06: 200mg elmiron twice daily
    as of January 07: 25mg anti-histamine before bed
    as of February 07: 10mg elavil before bed
    also on bcp yasmin since 04

tried trosec 20mg twice daily, experienced urine retention

Algonot info

Well, the first thing I would do is click on the Patient Handbook link at the top of this page. You will find articles on Cystoprotek and articles and interviews with its inventor; Dr. T. This should give you a good idea of what Cystoprotek is about.
    Then, I would go to www.algonot.com the website of Cystoprotek and read their studies and information.
    cystoprotek can be taken with Elmiron. There is also quite a lot of posting on another link about taking Glucosamine, Chondrotin and MSM. A lot of the posters are buying the glucosamine over the counter, and if you read the articles on the Algonot website and IC patient handbook; you will see that all chondroitin products are not equal or even pharmacy grade. Some of the chondroitin is made from European cow trachea. I certainly would not take a product made from cows from the land of one of the biggest Mad Cow outbreaks in the Western world. Algonots is made from shark cartilage. It is also good for Arthritis, as well as reduces mast cells.
    If you want to add MSM, get pharmacy grade.
    Algonot makes a pharmacy grade product with no other additives which is why it is more expensive.
    If you want to try some, you should get the three pack and take it for 3 months 4 a day if on Elmiron, 6 a day if not.
    I still take mine with my Elmiron.
    Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
    Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

i am taking cystoprotec along with elmiron, has anyone had any luck when they stop taking elmiron and just take the cystoprotec?
      grace13
      current meds: elmiron 100mg X3
      imipramine 25 mg X1
      tramadol 50mg as needed
      lunesta as needed
      maxault (as needed for migraines)

previous meds: detrol la (quit working)
      cystoprotek (made worse)
      cystaq (worked well but expensive)
      valium

Comment

Working...