No announcement yet.

Cysta Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't feel the DMSO has even helped at all. I am taking nortriptyline. So, I hope that will help with any depression. Yes, I have tried aloe vera. I will be one month of Cysta-q coming up in 5 days. I had a good weekend, but now I am at work today, and started up with some burning. I see the uro again this Wednesday and will ask what else to try.

Thanks for your support.
    bunnykinb

6/04 dx Mild IC; 3/06 2nd hydro/cysto w/2nd uro; Moderate IC now. IBS dx 11/03. 6/08 dx Vulva Vestibulitis/Pelvic Floor Spasms. 7/20/15 Feels like I have moderate IC now. Burning again.

tried & failed treatments: Urocit K 2x/day, Prelief & Atarax 25 mg 3/05-6/06; elavil 10mg 11/30/06-2/28/07 (stopped due to hunger); elmiron orally but had throat tightness;heparin instills 1x/mo 9/04-2/05;elmiron instills every 2 wks 7/05-2/06;20 DMSO 7/28/06-9/07.nortriptyline 10mg 4/07-10/07current meds/treatments:Tofrinal 25mg;Yasmin bc. Heparin instills every 2 weeks 2/08-present. Mix: 8cc lidocaine, 8cc heparin (40,000 units), & 3cc sodium bicarb. main symptoms: frequency & labia/clitorial burning

Comment

Have you tried Urelle

I have recently started Urelle four times a day. It has helped me alot with the burning and does not seem to bother my stomach like pyridium. I also had no luck with DMSO. My uro who sees a lot of ic does not use it any more, and told me he thinks a lot of uros are abandoning it because of poor response rate. Have you tried more frequent instills like several times a week? Many patients here are doing several times a week or even daily with Xylocaine and heparin. You would probably need to learn to do them yourself but that might be worth a try. Good Luck

Comment

When I was having heparin instills, it was only once a month since back in mid 2004, I was only diagnosed with mild ic. It seems as if my bladder is always in a flare. My co-worker today asked if it could be all in my head. From this remark, I know she truly doesn't understand what IC is nor seems to have listened when I have told her. I try not to complain too much to her, but I need someone to listen.

I go in this Wednesday to the uro and ask him what else can be tried. When I was getting DMSO every week, I seemed to have a constant flare. UGH said the bug.
        bunnykinb

6/04 dx Mild IC; 3/06 2nd hydro/cysto w/2nd uro; Moderate IC now. IBS dx 11/03. 6/08 dx Vulva Vestibulitis/Pelvic Floor Spasms. 7/20/15 Feels like I have moderate IC now. Burning again.

tried & failed treatments: Urocit K 2x/day, Prelief & Atarax 25 mg 3/05-6/06; elavil 10mg 11/30/06-2/28/07 (stopped due to hunger); elmiron orally but had throat tightness;heparin instills 1x/mo 9/04-2/05;elmiron instills every 2 wks 7/05-2/06;20 DMSO 7/28/06-9/07.nortriptyline 10mg 4/07-10/07current meds/treatments:Tofrinal 25mg;Yasmin bc. Heparin instills every 2 weeks 2/08-present. Mix: 8cc lidocaine, 8cc heparin (40,000 units), & 3cc sodium bicarb. main symptoms: frequency & labia/clitorial burning

Comment

Aww, what an awful remark. I have realized that some people seem not to want to understand. At least, that is how it feels and with those people (co-workers and my in-laws mainly). I just have to let it go.
          It actually makes me feel better not to talk to them about it.
          Sorry you are having such a hard time. I'm there too. This disease is so hard to manage. I take pain killers and then they make me want to sleep and have a number of other side effects.

Comment

I would rather have something wrong in which I can take a pill and all my symptoms go away rather than trying different things and nothing works.
            bunnykinb

Comment

Wouldn't we all!! I can't say I've been helped much by anything. Pain killers just mask it.

Comment

For those of you who want CystaProtek or Cysta-Q and are having a hard time getting it, you can order them here online from the ICN store! I read the interview with the doctor who says there's no acid in the cranberry, that cranberry juice is acidic, but not the little bit of powder that's in Cysta-Q.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your experiences. I think I might try it!

HUGS,
                July Wolfe

DIAGNOSES: (All in 1990 or before)
                All the "Fibro Five": Fibromyalgia, IC
                (but IBS, Endometriosis and CFS now all dormant).
                MEDS:
                Been on 100 mg. x3 Elmiron off and on for 17 years
                Tramadol (pain) 50 mg. every 6 hours
                Skelaxin (muscle relaxer) 800 mg. x2 daily
                Imipramine (generic for Tofranil) 50 mg.
                Tapering off Ambien
                Back on Estrace after 3 years off (thank God!)
                Am very faithful to Prelief

Comment

I have been on Cysta-Q since 7/11/07. I had really good days last week, but am having burning again today at work. I don't think Cysta-Q is helping but I will try it out for the full 3 months.
                  bunnykinb

Comment

GriffsMommy & Leelee88 - It's Guniea pig, the right spelling lol I like when they whistle, those things are sensitive though.

Bunnykinb - How are you doing on the Cysta Q? By the way REALLY cute rabbit!!! I miss having rabbits. Hey, do they bite your wires? Bunny playing Dance Dance Revolution LOLOL!!! Good av

Comment

bunnykinb were you having some good days before the Cysta Q? If you notice you are starting to have some good days than I would keep taking it. Maybe you will start having more good days than bad. I took Cysta Q too, but the valerian made me tired during the day. I have been thinking about trying it again. I also had trouble with the Cystoprotek bothering my stomach. It gave me acid reflux. I froze them, but they also told me to take it out of the capsule and put it on a corner of toast, or bread to eat it. I never did try that to see if that was better.

Comment

Drinking a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in water can help with urethral burning. Along with an oatmeal soaked cloth. I think I read somewhere in the forum about soaking a cloth with Aveeno and water mixture, and bathing with that. I'm not sure where I read it though. Everyone is so sensitive to different things. I sometimes use Vagiguard around that area and it helps me my urethral buring. I've used Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Gel also. Ice packs between my legs too. Good luck. I hope something finally gives you relief. Tonight I finally feel a bit better for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Glad to hear you're finding some relief Glass.

Comment

Thanks Vampire!!

Comment

I have a mom lop earred rabbit and two siblings. The male after getting fixed is the sweetest rabbit now. He no longer bites. The bunny dancing was created by my son.

I haven't had any DMSO instill for almost 6 weeks. Maybe it gave my urethra a break.

For Southern California residents, FYI, UCLA needs people to volunteer for a 12 week acupuncture study. Due to traffic, I am only doing the before study. The clinical trial is of no cost. You can find the details on the UCLA urology website.

Do you wash with Aveeno?
                              bunnykinb

Comment

I have used Aveeno body washes before, but that is not the same as this. I believe its a mixture of the powder and water, and you soak a cloth with the mixture, and hold the cloth over the urethra or you can use regular oats with water, and the same procedure. I don't know if we can sit in an Aveeno bath or not. Maybe someone who knows more will pop in!! I'll so a search and see if I can't locate the post and thread where I heard about it.

And yes you have cute bunny rabbits!!! I was petting the ones at Petland last night. They are so soft.

Comment

Working...
                                X